Nov 2008, May 2009 Title 9

zengziong

• 1 month later...
they have to be argumentative papers?? wtf.

As in you have to look at the title from more than just one perspective and prove why you think the way you do.

As for how to start, I'd say start by defining knowledge, as that's the main key word in the essay. And T.O.K papers have to have a personal voice in them, otherwise they're just useless. The point is to get your opinion across and justify it. There's really no right or wrong as long as you prove your point. >.<

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before, can't be bothered to read all posts again :S

I agree with this statement because I think that we justify our knowledge ourselves. This would most likely mean that we justify the knowledge we already value the most, since we want it to be true. This means that the knowledge we have the strongest justifications for (what is a strong justification really? I think it's all personal) is the knowledge we value the most.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I'm doing this one as a practice (I know it's dumb, our teacher is having Juniors right a Senior essay for practice and vise versa)

Anyways, I was thinking the things we value the most won't necessarily have the strongest justification in terms of everyone else, but that we will create the strongest justification for what we value the most.

Like, the belief/value comes first, and the justifying comes second.

For instance, think if the knowledge you value the most: Knowing that you love your family, perhaps, or your spiritual (religious or otherwise) beliefs, etc.

That's what I thought of at least, and those things don't necessarily have as much justification as Calculus or Biology, but I value those knowledges the most.

A counter claim is that if something has justification (like science or math) then it is easier to believe and is therefore most valuable. But that's not always the case, so it just depends on your personal opinions really.

Let me know if this makes any sense at all!

Thanks