Share your priceless IB quotes!

MissyMurphy

Maybe I wasn't looking well enough but there's no post on IB quotes..! :D And by IB quotes, I mean, funny, goofy moments.. that happen because of sleep-deprivation, brain overload, sugar/coffee high (or low).. or just generally because you're in the IB..

"Me: *looks at diary* Maths test on thrusday.. alright I'm too tired now, but I can revise tomorrow night...

-Next Day in Class-

Me: Have you revised for tomorrow's test..? I'm so screwed, I'm going to have to revise all night..

K:*odd stare* Erm.. I have to agree you are screwed... today is thrusday and we have maths now..."

I'm a quote freak and have loads of funny quotes collected from school - mainly from teachers to put them in the yearbook and etc :P

This one from my chemistry teacher when explaining the rules in laboratory.

"There are three sets of rules that you should follow in this laboratory room. The first set is the general school chemistry lab rules. The second set is the IBO rules. The third set are other kind of rules such as the law and etc."

:D

Edited by Afterglow

here is one from my chem teacher, not a direct quote, but should be clsoe enought

do not bring food into the lab area. there are poisonous chemicals there. i dont want to see you all getting sick because of that.

HEY YOU!!! ya, you!!! why are you eating int he lab?? "oh, sorry..."

"It's OK, i wouldnt yell at you if i didnt love you. if i really hated you, i would tell you to eat in the storage room, where i keep all of my poisons.."

it's kinda stupid, but its no that bad...

One time my Bio teacher was explain about an easy way to get grass stains out...

Teach: So class, do you guys know an easy way to get grass stains out?

Classmate: no, how?

Teach: Just put it in the sun...

Teach: Chloroplasts don't know the difference from making sugar in a cell and making sugar in your pants.

anyways...i thought it was pretty funny:)

Hey if you guys have quotes, submit it to http://www.ibquotes.com ! I'm helping my friend with that site, and hopefully we can get more global IB quotes other than the inside jokes of our school ^_^

I added a couple. I guess it doesn't show automatically but will be added manually later? Because I checked latest quotes and mine aren't showing. :)

Oh btw, I think you should have a place where you can view all quotes instead of just latest and random and top quotes. :D

Nice site. I remember just now one ^_^

ToK teacher: (insert here a long, poetic and prestigious definition about

what mathematics is). I think however that math...is a broccoli.

Oh and this one can be found in last year's yearbook. year three = year two in DP as we count with pre-dp.

"In year three you have to be like wine bottles - mature"

Chem teacher:

Teacher "a catalyst is something that speeds up a chemical reaction, but it's not involved in the reaction itself"

Student "um.. can you give us a real life example?"

Teacher "sure, i tell my daughter to clean up her room,

she says no, i ask her nicely, she still says no,

so then, i take out my belt and and ask her again,

she run up to clean it."

Student "O.o"

Teacher "see the belt it not never touched her, but it speeds up the reaction."

• Like 2

in physics, we had an activity to find the specific heat capacity of a metal "blob" (each group had about a .5kg block)

after finishing the activity

Teacher: So did anyone figure out what the metal was?

My friend (she was being serious): Gold?!

it was really brass :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mr Canada

"The IB is like a cute little cat, that you just fall in love with. But after two years you realize it is not a cat, it's a lion; that will protect you for the rest of your life" - Alfred Sundquist

Geo Teacher (after discussing how waterfalls are made and all about plunge pools, etc): Now look at this picture. (Proceed to look at a picture of a waterfall) What do you see?

Me: (excitedly) Oh, a rainbow!

Silence.

Me: Is that what we're supposed to be looking at?

Geo Teacher: No.

Was hilarious at the time. Couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the session.

Edited by Negin

During a redox lesson:

Chemistry teacher: There are two things that I would like to remove from the world and those are the words cathode and anode.

I couldn't agree with him more...as well as many other things like poverty, trafficking, racism and etc.....

Electrochemistry rocks my world!

Alright we had a Macbeth content quiz and we were hounding our teacher for answers right after.

Me: Miss, what exactly is a "measley thing of wheel?"

Apparently it actual read medicinal something or other.

Either way, I messed it up COMPLETELY and still got it right haha

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't really an IB quote, more like a blonde moment from me.

So my friends and I went out for sushi last night (the kind of buffet thing) and the different types of sushi with different prices were colour coded by the colour of the plate. In the end the waitress would come and count the number of plates of each colour on our table and calculate the bill from there. We also ordered 3 bottles of Aquafina mineral water. Anyway, when the bill came, there was this list of plate colours (in both english and vietnamese) and then at the end it said Aquafina. I was just looking at the bill and the english colours and then said, "Aquafina? What colour is that?"