Share your priceless IB quotes!

MissyMurphy

Guest iber2468
How do u pronounce Menage A Trois?

Is it Monaxia Tua?

It's Men-UH-ge AH twAH.

My dear friend Brian: Writing a TOK essay is like being constipated - it hurts like hell and you produce c rap very, very slowly

It's now world-famous on http://www.ibquotes.com/top

(o_O why is the c--- word censored?! We're in IB, everything we write is c rap)

Edited by Crystal

• 4 weeks later...

Chem Teacher- "This is the hardest test you'll ever take in your life. You're going to fail, but don't worry you're suppose to fail"

Chem Teacher- *referring to a lab he was doing* "We're not going to do part D. I read the label on the chemical and it said 'do not breath in, if touches skin get help immediently', I don't want to be fired." About ten minutes later. "Let's do part D, I want to see what happens."

when ever we do a lab report, and we ask our chem teacher for help or if changing this one thing might be a good idea he says "you're scietist" and that is it. we are making shirts he says it so much along with the phrase "keep in mind".... but he makes a fun face if we put "keep in mind" in our lab reports

On Valentine's Day IB Psychology SL, my teacher thought it would be cool to teach us the psychology of attraction. He mentioned "When you are with someone you really love, your pupils dialiate. Its a scientific fact"

Student: Oh that makes so much sense! I was at my boyfriend's house the other night and he was like "Gosh Annie* you look like a crack addict, your eyes are HUGE!"

Teacher: Thats probably just because the lights were off.

Class: erupts with laughter at our teacher's accidental implication.

*name was changed to protect the innocent

Kid in my physics HL class during a class on elementary particles: "Do any of these particles move faster than the speed of light?"

...most of you probably won't get it. If you don't get it, ignore it cuz you won't find it funny if I have to explain it to you. :P

i got it... and this is physics HL? lol

On Valentine's Day IB Psychology SL, my teacher thought it would be cool to teach us the psychology of attraction. He mentioned "When you are with someone you really love, your pupils dialiate. Its a scientific fact"

Student: Oh that makes so much sense! I was at my boyfriend's house the other night and he was like "Gosh Annie* you look like a crack addict, your eyes are HUGE!"

Teacher: Thats probably just because the lights were off.

Class: erupts with laughter at our teacher's accidental implication.

*name was changed to protect the innocent

that freaking hilariious

nice sig btw

Edited by diabolicalangle

Chem teacher:

Teacher "a catalyst is something that speeds up a chemical reaction, but it's not involved in the reaction itself"

Student "um.. can you give us a real life example?"

Teacher "sure, i tell my daughter to clean up her room,

she says no, i ask her nicely, she still says no,

so then, i take out my belt and and ask her again,

she run up to clean it."

Student "O.o"

Teacher "see the belt it not never touched her, but it speeds up the reaction."

thats the exact thing my chem teacher said as well! lol and the funny thing was he had a brown trinny accent :P.

Not really a quote but it was one heck of a funny day...

My chem teacher, while doing a demonstration of the reactability of group 1 metals with water, managed to set off our school's fire alarms 3 times in a 1 hr period... it was hilarious, the whole school evacuated onto the oval each time, but by the third time people were like :yes: schmeh.. im not walking all the way down there again...

whats more, the other chem class that was on at the same time also managed to blow something up and there was a huge scorch mark on the the ceiling... i never actually found out what they blew up tho.... :yes: then at the end of the lesson, my chem teacher said "guess what guys, next lesson, i'm guna be doing another demo. You kno that video I showed you last week about thermite reactions? I'm guna do it for you next time." everyone was like :yes:

Not really a quote but it was one heck of a funny day...

My chem teacher, while doing a demonstration of the reactability of group 1 metals with water, managed to set off our school's fire alarms 3 times in a 1 hr period... it was hilarious, the whole school evacuated onto the oval each time, but by the third time people were like :yes: schmeh.. im not walking all the way down there again...

whats more, the other chem class that was on at the same time also managed to blow something up and there was a huge scorch mark on the the ceiling... i never actually found out what they blew up tho.... :yes: then at the end of the lesson, my chem teacher said "guess what guys, next lesson, i'm guna be doing another demo. You kno that video I showed you last week about thermite reactions? I'm guna do it for you next time." everyone was like :yes:

first things first... don't do the reaction inside... it is extreamyl dangerous... if i remeber correctly it burn at or abouve 3000 degrees C!!!!

now...you mentioning ther thermite reactions remindes me of something that happened last yer in HL Chem I.

we went outside to do a chem reaction... and the student who picked what we were doing wanted to show us thermite. he makes it at home himself, but we found some hidden in the storage clset at school. so we got a couple flower pots and a big bucked of sand and the chem tacher tried to set it off with some matches, but it wouldn't work so the students who's idea it was to do the rection siad you need to use sparklers... they work. the two chem teacher kept saying no the matches will work. after going through the 1/2 the pack of matches they decided t use the sparkerls that the student pulled out of his pocket. they worked right away. the student showed both of the chem teachers.

wat was ebven funiter about this was that you are told at the begining of the year not to wear flip flops in the chem lab, and you have to have close toesd shoes... well both of the teacher had on flip - flops this day....

her are pics of setting up, the reachtion, and after the reaction... the pic i have during the reaction sucks... it just doesn't do it justice.

post-403-1204485796_thumbjpg

post-403-1204485807_thumbjpg

post-403-1204485902_thumbjpg

post-403-1204485910_thumbjpg

Edited by IBStuck

This is a quote straight from my TOK book, I found it funny so I thought I'd share it . :yes:

ironically it's under the a section titled Truth-

" . . . during the Middle Ages, everyone thought they knew that there were seven 'planets' orbiting the earth. . . . They were wrong: we now know that there are nine planets orbiting the sun."

This is a quote straight from my TOK book, I found it funny so I thought I'd share it . :yes:

ironically it's under the a section titled Truth-

" . . . during the Middle Ages, everyone thought they knew that there were seven 'planets' orbiting the earth. . . . They were wrong: we now know that there are nine planets orbiting the sun."

well when it was writen that was proly true..... they need to have it updated.