Economics IA articles?

I'm having difficulties finding good articals for the Eco IA... Some good ones are too long, while some short ones are not good enough... And I'm not sure which ones are the best to analyse. =/

can anyone please help me find a good artical for analysing demand & supply or/and an artical for elasticity? Thankyou so much!

Have you tried looking at one of our pinned threads?

http://www.ibsurviva...mics-portfolio/

Drawing some insight from some of our members, it is better if you know what you are looking for instead having no idea what you are looking for. Looking at your post, it seems that your article is going to be focused on macroeconomics. What have you learned so far that you feel confident? Are those concepts in the news?

The length of the article does play a role in affecting how much you can analyze, but I don't think you should fret too much about that. Pick an article that has lots of economic material, but does not do the analysis for you. That way you will be doing original work. I believe that the goal of the Economics course in IB is to apply, recognize, and connect ideas that we learn in class to real life decisions that occur in the world around us.

Seriously, my friend went on Google News, and he typed "subsidy". Bam.

Me? Well similar to my friend I typed in "tax", and I was eventually led to news regarding Denmark imposing a fat tax. The potential analysis is all there, elasticity of demand. supply shifting factors, government revenue, tax burdens, hidden in the context of the news article explaining what has happened to me,

I suggest you try to find something that works for you; figure it out first, and Google THAT.

• Like 1

It is not that hard to find a decent article for an Economics IA. Google is your friend. Anyway, it may seem as a daunting task so try this website: http://pearsonblog.campaignserver.co.uk/?cat=315. In the "article text search" section type some keywords and articles will appear based on your what you wrote. There are some questions below the articles as well which you may find useful when writing your commentary. Good luck with it and remember that the key to a good Economics commentary is a helpful article. It doesn't matter if you are an Economics genius, if the article does not help you, the commentary will not be good enough. If you want to do well, spend a decent amount of time searching for the right article.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...