Challenging An IA Grade

davshere

Ok, so I got my first math IA back today and my teacher gave me a 15/20 on work I know is at least an 18, possibly even a 20, since I double and triple checked everything I wrote and corrected any mistakes using a 20/20 exemplar. He took off marks at places such as like Technology and Notation and such but there was no real reason for him to do that. Normally I would accept it but this is my only type I and he gave a girl in my class who did worse a higher mark while claiming that he was lowering our grades so that the IB would boost his scores up and help everyone. While I understand his reasoning there is no guarantee that he will be marked up. Do I have the right to contest the mark he gave or are his grades final? Because I would like to fight it while I have time for the grade to be changed?

well it is not advisable to "fight" it out but rather approach him and ask him where you went wrong and then show him the assesment criteria and ask him how you failed to meet up to it.If he cannot give you good reasons tell the teacher that it should be regraded.

don't worry about this too much, if your teacher has been unfair in your IA grade, there is a major chance it will get changed in remarking! usually remarking grades are what students really deserve (though that means that my 4 in IOC and 5 in RWB are accurate, which I'd like to think not :P ) so I'd leave it for the moderators :P

yea it's fine dude >.< I know about egos being hurt :yes: hang in there and don't worry too much :D focus on the things you haven't finished yet and make sure you perfect each piece!

I'm gonna lock the thread now to avoid any future spam...