Is 'The Internet' as a topic too broad for the oral presentation?

crazian

I wanted to do the internet as my presentation.
I'd focus on a few aspects like:

-ease of communication (e-mail, myspace, facebook, forums, etc..)
-Media hubs where creative ideas are shared (youtube, deviantart, etc..)
-Access of unlimited amounts of knowledge
-Online gaming
-How activities online are replacing people's activities and hobbies in real life

Could this turn into a good topic?

I think it is a good basis for a presentation, but you will want to narrow it down, because there are so many issues regarding the internet to talk about. Just looking at the aspects your interested in, it might be a good idea to target a question regarding how the internet stifles or stimulates creativity, or how it is affecting specific aspects of our human lifestyles.

ya narrow it down dude, focus on one part of the internet like for example "should children be allowed to use it" or go for a more creative title like "independence at such a young age?" (yes I did just come up with that >.< ) those two titles would allow you to discuss how the internet allows anyone and everyone to access any page without monitoring, as well as allowing any kind of material on there...

go for something more specific and controversial :yes:

Obviously, 'the internet' is too broad a topic. Narrow it down as suggested.

The topic I should have done for my TOK presentation was Second Life, is it a good or bad thing. It's very good to make the formulation of your topic in a question cause then you can give arguments for an against it. Second Life is also highly controversial and has many excellent qualities along with many bad qualities. PM me if you don't know what Second Life is >.< .

[quote name='blindpet' post='13743' date='Mar 28 2008, 03:01 PM']Obviously, 'the internet' is too broad a topic. Narrow it down as suggested.

The topic I should have done for my TOK presentation was Second Life, is it a good or bad thing. It's very good to make the formulation of your topic in a question cause then you can give arguments for an against it. Second Life is also highly controversial and has many excellent qualities along with many bad qualities. PM me if you don't know what Second Life is >.< .[/quote]

Yea isn't second life an online "life" where you have a character and can interact with other people, where you can live a virtual life?

Alright, so from the other posts I should do something controversial like children using the internet (especially because lately they've been getting raped on myspace) or the whole 4chan,2chan, anon thing