Kim Jong Un = IB alumnus?

Szczebrzeszyn

I just stumbled upon a list of notable IB alumni while procrastinating --> http://www.enotes.co...laureate_people and guess who is included on the list? The Supreme Leader of North Korea himself! :ivan: When Kim Jong Il died, I read that his son was educated in Europe, but no one bothered to mention he was on IB programme. I now feel overwhelmingly creeped out, but also amused in a very absurd way :blink: Just imagine how much in common we all have with Kim Jong Un - there is a chance that some of use learns Maths from the same books that he did!

I can't help but wonder whether he now finds all that History Paper 2 useful - after all, it focuses on Stalin, Hitler and other dicators that ruled the country in a very similar way that he does now...

Edited by Szczebrzeszyn

Guest Positron

His EE: "The socio-economic problems a community faces when it's ran by a dictator", or maybe "Dictatorship in the 21st century", "The mental effects of growing up in an environment where you're considered to be a God-like figure". :lol:

It's actually quite interesting to think about that. Maybe him having gone through IB and therefore (hopefully) having a broader view of the world will have some kind of an effect on his future decisions(?)

Wait...how do we know he got the diploma?

Honestly, we don't. But we certainly know that he did participated in IB program. http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/politics/foreign_affairs/Commander_Kim_speaks_Swiss_German.html?cid=7434928 - here we have an article that stetes he attented International school in Berne, and this school is an IB school - just google their website. For me it doesn't matter whether he took an exam or not, the sheer fact that he did CAS and TOK and everything that I am doing now is more than enough to scare me.

• 4 weeks later...

Eldest son of Kim Jong-il, Kim Jong-nam (infamous for getting caught in Japan with a fake passport and supposedly on his way to Disneyland Tokyo). Anyway his son is currently doing the IB in Bosnia-Herzegovina.

And btw, Kesha dropped out of the IB at 17 :|

• 2 weeks later...

Wait...how do we know he got the diploma?

Honestly, we don't. But we certainly know that he did participated in IB program. http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/politics/foreign_affairs/Commander_Kim_speaks_Swiss_German.html?cid=7434928 - here we have an article that stetes he attented International school in Berne, and this school is an IB school - just google their website. For me it doesn't matter whether he took an exam or not, the sheer fact that he did CAS and TOK and everything that I am doing now is more than enough to scare me.

It also says that he left at age 15; wouldn't that mean that he only did the MYP?