Favourite poem that you studied or read?

PurpleVixen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always been a sucker for Thomas E. Spencer. E. A. Poe, despite being more of a prose writer, is also pretty rad.

Recently I came across a past paper with a poem that really moved me. I Go Back to May 1937 by Sharon Olds. Awesome piece.

English nerds, unite! c:

Edited by vandalism

• 2 weeks later...

I know a lot of people hate poetry but I am a total English nerd and I am looking for good poetry to read. My favourite poem is The love song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S. Eliot, what are you some of your favourites?

Have you read The Indian Serenade by Percy Bysshe Shelly?

It's amazing.

I like almost all poems I've done over the past 4 years, with the exception of Robert Frost.

I REALLY liked 'poem' by Simon Armitage, 'Lady of Shallot' by Tennyson and "War Photographer" by Carol An Duffy (From O Level Lit)

From IB I like the poems 'Blackberry Picking' - Seamus Heaney and Sylvia Plath poems generally.

I have a list of poems I really like outside the course. Two I can remember off the top of my head are 'Among School Children' by WB Yeats and 'Andrea del Sarto' by Robert Browning

When it comes to written verse, I'd say my favorites are 'The Rime of the Ancient Mariner' by Coleridge, or Sylvia Plath's 'Daddy', which is slightly strange, considering I'm not a big Plath fan, but that poem is great.

I do like spoken word too, and I'd seriously encourage listening to Sarah Kay and Project VOICE, that girl is awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Full Moon and Little Frieda - Ted Hughes (the emotion he evokes is incredible1)

Report to Wordsworth - Boey Kim Cheng (a contemporary look at the degeneration of nature)

Road not Taken - Robert Frost (duh)

Oh the Places You'll Go - Dr. Seuss (can't beat it)