Nelson Mandela History Extended Essay Help

ibkid

OK, heres the thing. My EE is coming up and my teacher is recommending that we should start thinking of some topics on what to write. I'm inclining towards the history area, but many people out there says its really really hard because of the background information that has to be done before you can start writing. So i might just well post something and let others critique my idea so I can get a handle of what im trying to do lol ^_^

MY IDEA:

--something on the lines of "Nelson Mandela + him overcoming a long history of racism in south africa + how its unprecedented + etc......"

If anybody would like to give me a few pointers, critiques, advice, things that i would have to do, how its bad, how its good, stuff like that. It would totally help me with this EE.

Thanks

Edited by ibkid

I did history for my EE and I actually think along with the languages, it's one of the easier subjects to do an extended essay on because of the wealth of information you have available. Yes, it's a lot of research, but in total it's not that bad, I spent maybe a month researching and only 3 days to write my history EE. It's easy to write a lot when you have many historical facts that you need to include.

Anyways, I think your topic is too broad, because the research question needs to be focused and specific. Try and make it into a question that you will be answering in your extended essay.

Hmmmm i see your point. It is kinda broad, thanks __inthemaking for your comments i will definitely look into it.

P.S. How do you add your signatures and your pictures and stuff. for the life of me i cant seem to find where i have to go haha

[quote name='ibkid' post='13913' date='Mar 31 2008, 03:41 AM']Hmmmm i see your point. It is kinda broad, thanks __inthemaking for your comments i will definitely look into it.

P.S. How do you add your signatures and your pictures and stuff. for the life of me i cant seem to find where i have to go haha[/quote]
click on my controls, and then look under the "personal profile" but on the left hand column, there should be an "edit signature" link there ^_^