Anyone who applied to UBC previously or knows someone!

Amber

My friend got into UBC to do Sciences (in Vancouver, like you said) with 34 points. Plus she got some crazy large IB scholarship. They love them their IB students something crazy at UBC :P

The irony is that 34 points is too low to get onto many UK science courses and you wouldn't ever get a scholarship even if you got 45 haha. So the moral of the story is go to Canada haha. She really enjoys it there :yes:

• Like 1

I know two Canadian IB seniors who applied for science (Fall 2012 term at Vancouver) and got in with 36-38/42 points. I have around 36; got accepted to arts and am still waiting for a reply from commerce.

In the past two years I've heard of kids with as low as 26 points who got accepted to UBC arts. Whether UBC loves IB students or they happened to have really strong EC's and essays - I don't know, but I think 33 is pretty safe.

I'm only doing partial IB now but I'm still able to use those credits for some first year classes (in French,English,History,Philosophy and Bio) and I was accepted to the Vancouver campus :) I was accepted to Science but I'm thinking I will go to McGill instead :P

I'm a former IB student and now studying in UBC Okanagan, which is the smaller campus, and for first year students, it's better to start with smaller university, to get used to university life.

Well, my IB score wasn't that good. I only got 26 points, but I got in the faculty of Science. UBC is the most well known university for IB student. They acknowledge IB students more than any other students.

I'm a former IB student and now studying in UBC Okanagan, which is the smaller campus, and for first year students, it's better to start with smaller university, to get used to university life.

Well, my IB score wasn't that good. I only got 26 points, but I got in the faculty of Science. UBC is the most well known university for IB student. They acknowledge IB students more than any other students.

What were your individual IB scores? I got 30 points and I don't have an answer yet =/

What were your individual IB scores? I got 30 points and I don't have an answer yet =/

They answer most like mid, early April for Vancouver I think. And UBC Okanagan is easier to get into UBC Vancouver.

• 1 month later...

How easy/difficult is it for an international student to be accepted into UBC to do an engineering course? I will be doing my exams next year and I am quite sure I can secure at least a 34 score with a 6 in physics HL and hopefully at least a 5 in maths HL.

And does anyone know what the costs per year in terms of living + course fees and so on will be compared to an equivalent UK course?

How easy/difficult is it for an international student to be accepted into UBC to do an engineering course? I will be doing my exams next year and I am quite sure I can secure at least a 34 score with a 6 in physics HL and hopefully at least a 5 in maths HL.

And does anyone know what the costs per year in terms of living + course fees and so on will be compared to an equivalent UK course?

UBC loves IB students so with your score I'm sure you will be safe.

The approximate first year costs are:

- International tuition: $21,963

- Living expenses: $13,000

- Study equipment: $1,700

Total = $36,663

UBC loves IB students so with your score I'm sure you will be safe.

The approximate first year costs are:

- International tuition: $21,963

- Living expenses: $13,000

- Study equipment: $1,700

Total = $36,663

And is that for one year? Is that a lot for an equivalent curse elsewhere?