Anyone who applied to UBC previously or knows someone!

Amber

UBC states on their website you will hear from them between mid-March to early-May. I myself still haven't heard from them. In fact I was trolled. Said I was accepted. Re-logged to make sure it was true, and... well... it say's I still have to wait.

Don't worry. The science department for UBC takes the longest to get responses for. Engineering acceptances appeared about a month ago and the sciences have just started to show their acceptances. Two friends got accepted with mid 30's. Many others are still waiting.

Edited by Daniel Inchan Jung

• 2 weeks later...

They said they accept people with 24/25 if they have a good personal profile. Having high marks at UBC isn't enough anymore, because they noticed that these people are less successful later on in life - interviews for example. If you don't show that you have a social side, then they aren't sure how successful you will be. Instead they are looking for someone who has a strong academic and personal life together, this together forms a very successful people. I know people with 39 who got in weeks after someone with a 31 into the same program because this person is involved in activities. Its not just about school anymore.