"How do we know that literature is good?"

bweissheimer

I think it's a bit too broad. 'Good' is an incredibly broad term, and at first I thought you meant morally good, even. Also your example kind of contradicts your topic so make sure of what you're trying to say. Your topic sounds like it'll be illustrating that literature can be definitively good and you'll explain how that's true, whereas your example seems to disagree with that and say that it can't be decided which works of literature are 'good' or not.

Perhaps make it an "How is it possible to..." or more of a "how can" question, as opposed to just a simple how.

Edited by Hannah.M

I actually wanted to do my presentation on beauty, but I read somewhere that we should avoid that sort of topic because it's cliche and highly subjective, so we can hardly come up with a good conclusion.

I think how lit is 'good' is also cliche and subjective, so be careful with this topic. if you know the right path to take, to evaluate this topic, then go ahead. but just be careful.

make use of the ways of knowing. they're very helpful.