Sign in to follow this  

Design Tech Help

Hey, another Design Tech person :0 . I think we are a rare bunch.

I just finished mine (SL, if that makes any difference), and it was as in depth as I could make it. I had some-one's old project that my teacher gave me which helped as a basis to start, but here's what I can tell you. Follow the syllabus first, but the regular IA one and then there is one that tells you all about what the project needs. Then state all relevant information (and even some irrelevant stuff) and try to include everything you did and all the thought processes you went through. My whole thing ended up being just shy of 20 pages with two phases of research that took about 5 pages, a BUNCH of pictures/diagrams, and a page long conclusion.

That's a start, but if you need/want more just ask.

This is the second or third year it's been offered and the first year my teacher has taught it. With a grand total of 9 people in my class. We don't have textbooks either although, I'm positive my teacher is using one for all the notes he makes us take. Appreantly, it's a all-around slack class.

I'm working on a program for my calculator for my project. I don't know how I would show my research on other programs I found. I also don't know how I would show sketches. All I have is paper prototyping.

For research- Show some samples of the different types of coding you found. Summarize the differences between different variations. Go into how you picked what you did and why - if it was a script or just pieces of different coding. Show how different calculators are programmed.

For sketches- Post the different code types you worked with, posting code is just like drawings. Also, conclude on each different try at the code and state whether it was good, bad, what worked, etc.

That should help. I hope. ^_^