7 subjects and 4 HLs - too much?

cherry-tainted

hey everyone,

I am specifically asking anyone who has 7 subjects, 4 HLs or both: how do you manage to do it?

I honestly need tips and tricks because this(my) way, I will not be able to keep it up.

currently I have my subjects are the following:

Chemistry HL

Biology HL

English HL

German HL

History SL

Math SL

Physics SL

so again, what are your experiences?

I have been doing it more than a semester now and I like it, it's just too exhausting.

The ironic thing is that the subjects I want to drop are the ones I can't (damn you, German and history!)

so why do I have German HL? because it doesn't make a difference: at our school you have five lessons

of German either way and I'm good enough to do it HL and succeed. so basically, I'm doing it for the merit

Oh Lord Have Mercy! You are insane: 4 HL's AND 7 Subjects, and not to mention that you are taking all 3 sciences!!! I do take 7 subjects and it's only SL art so the workload isn't that bad . . . I barely notice it though I have a feeling that if I wanna continue art onto next year I'm going to have to catch up A LOT . . . as Award Winning Boss said , taking 4 HL's and 7 subjects (especially both) really is waste of time: your other grades will suffer (aka GPA) and Colleges and Uiversities really don't give you enough credit for all the work you're doing. I would consider dropping a class (like a science) or atleast dropping to 3 HL's

Edited by Mrs.Stein

then I would drop German HL because I really like the sciences, and dropping one of them,

probably physics, is still an option if I decide to later. but i don't want to.:P

that's the problem! my only chance at living my dream is my education (so much pathos;D)

and that's why I want to use every chance I have. scholarships don't come easy which is

why I don't want to ruin it. I do feel like I can do it, with loads of discipline and hard work.

i am i just delusional and megalomaniac?

then I would drop German HL because I really like the sciences, and dropping one of them,

probably physics, is still an option if I decide to later. but i don't want to. :P

that's the problem! my only chance at living my dream is my education (so much pathos;D)

and that's why I want to use every chance I have. scholarships don't come easy which is

why I don't want to ruin it. I do feel like I can do it, with loads of discipline and hard work.

i am i just delusional and megalomaniac?

In answer to your question, yes. You are delusional. :P lol.

But jokingly aside, I would consider dropping a subject. IB2 gets difficult. :/

Hey! I actually did the same as you, I did 4HL's and 7 subjects (chemistry, art, english and business HL; physics and spanish SL). Personally, it was just to give me a challenge and see what i could do, and also the fact that i didn't know what career i was heading into (and i still don't).

But over time, i discovered that it was really all a waste of time. i mean, i kept it up for a semester and a half, only to discover that i was really only giving myself an extra burden. Also, IB doesn't exactly care if you do 7 subjects - you get what you get. so pretty much, if you fail, you fail, and all you can blame is the fact you wanted to challenge yourself and did 7 subjects.

There's a reason IB requires you to only do 6 subjects and not 7 - it's because the workload throughout the curriculum IS VERY DEMANDING, regardless of what subjects you take.

So if i were you, i wouldn't keep up the 7 subjects. Drop down to 6, you'll be more successful as you will have enough time to concentrate on all your subjects as a whole.

Hope this helped you :)

hey!

im kind of in a similar situation like yours, i take 7 subjects too [ English SL,Math studies, French AB inito, Chemistry HL,Biology HL,Economics HL,Physics SL] im really confused of whether i should drop physics or not. Most of my teachers say i should take 7 but its too much and CAS makes it worse. Any advice?

It is possible and I do understand why would you want to challenge yourself. I'd say the main thing is self discipline. Oh and forget about personal life, you studies should become your life, well occasional breaks are important as well. Make the proses of studying as enjoyable as possible, come up with some incentives, if you enjoy it you end up knowing more that you need to and in more detail (that's from personal experience). You can do it!=)

• Like 1