Summer Glau

Economics
Economics Paper 1 Tips

How about we change the topic to Econs Exam Tackling Thread, and accommodate tips for paper 1, 2 and 3, all in one place?

1 person likes this

I'm actually working on tips for paper 2 SL (same as paper 3 HL) so I will get those up as soon as I finish! I didn't take econ HL though so I know very little about paper 2 HL :/ If anyone has tips for that you're more than welcome to share (same for the other papers). :)

Hmm if you guys want I could put all the papers in one thread...

1 person likes this

I have mocks going on right now so I'm a bit pressed for time, but once they're done I'll put up tips for Paper 2. It'll be good to have all the tips in one place. Or maybe we can have a thread for HL and one for SL ( I don't know if the assessment criteria is different for both - Is it? Sorry, no one in my school takes SL econs so..).

I'm actually working on tips for paper 2 SL (same as paper 3 HL) so I will get those up as soon as I finish! I didn't take econ HL though so I know very little about paper 2 HL :/ If anyone has tips for that you're more than welcome to share (same for the other papers). :)

Hmm if you guys want I could put all the papers in one thread...

You dont have any latest eco HL papers(2011)? my exams are in may so i really need to solve some latest papers.

Mnemonic for determinants of demand/supply.

P-Price T-Taste

I-Industry I-Income

T-Technology P-Population

T-Taxes (Subsidies) P-Price of other products (Substitutes/Compliments)

S-ExpectationSSS S-ExpectationSSS

Hi,

i've uploaded my notes and summaries for History and Economics for IB and A-Level examinations here:

aibnotes.blogspot.com

Among other topics, you'll find "Government macroeconomic policy objectives and indicators of national economic performance"

Hope you find them useful

Hi, quick question but I always get confused over whether to use the LRAS or SRAS diagram when they ask for the macro part in paper 1. Would you only use SRAS hen showing increases in the costs of production?

1 person likes this

does the mark scheme for the part a questions in paper 1 always mention to include 1 diagram or could there be instances when the mark scheme in the top band marks says to include 2 or more than 1 diagrams? Because my teacher said that once you put a diagram you're good but my friend told me that his teacher marked him down for putting only 1 diagram, and we both had the same question for practise.

Hello, can you give any advice on using real world examples for answering paper 1 questions? It seems pretty difficult to me to use real world examples for macroeconomics.