Sign in to follow this  

Martial Arts

I'm doing Kubojitsu - it rocks!!

It's a Kung-fu martial art that originated in Japan but it seems that it's not very famous.

It basically consists of Aikido, Judo, Karate Gosoku-ryu and Catch wrestling

I think Chem Kid does Karate or something like that.. and apparently he's really good. U should talk to him haha.

I used to do Tae Kwon Do.. but that was before highschool

O ya. I loved it.

Got second place in a local tournament.. coulda gotten first had I not accidnetally punched someone in the face, resulting in point deductions lol.

Edited by cixelsyD

i do tae kwon do too. @ cixesly wat branch of it did you do? I do WTF (not kidding, it stands for world taekwondo federation) i havnt done any comps though... nowhere near good enough.

O ya. I loved it.

Got second place in a local tournament.. coulda gotten first had I not accidnetally punched someone in the face, resulting in point deductions lol.

Point deductions?

Can you give me a link to the rules n scoring of these tournaments - coz i'm new to this

I don't have one.. .dunno where I'd be able to find one either haha.

Mighta been because I was in the ages 11-14 class so they changed the rules a bit? I have no clue... it was the only tournament I've ever participated in.

Hey guys I challenged a guy for a duel. He is about 175 cm and i'm 181 cm. He isn't too strong. He practises kick-boxing and I practise Kubojitsu (emphasis on joint locks, choke holds and ground fighting).

I never properly fought against anyone, and lest not a kick-boxer

Can you guys give me any tips on how to counter someone who is all into striking the head?

I think Chem Kid does Karate or something like that.. and apparently he's really good. U should talk to him haha.

Why thank you cixelsyD; I AM really good. Did karate for 11 years, was 5th in Canada the year I was on the BC team, and am doing judo (so far 6 years) and am in the top 5 in Canada, possibly 2nd or 3rd. So don't mess with me. :P

I'm not too familiar with other martial arts so I can't help you there... chem kid might be able to

Why yes I can, actually. :)

Mark, I already replied to your PM about it so I won't bother saying it here again.

I used to take karate.

But my teacher was abusive. :'(

And the place I learned at was a money-making scam.

Not worth it, so I quit.

I got 16 hours out of it though.