Sign in to follow this  

Martial Arts

i learned aikido for a few months until i got the maximum allowed hours lol =]

after i got max hours i just disappeared. i dunno what my teacher thinks of me ha~ x10

but i never got the form signed =[ i have to someday meet again with my teacher to ask for signature and who knows what'l happen

Hey, I am taking Kung Fu, and I was wondering if anyone else is doing any Martial Arts for their CAS hours?

:)

heyyyy- I just started goju karate this year for CAS! I'm totally loving every minute of it- I got my third stripe today ^___^ Great for self defence, and it gets you loads of hours too- I've only started karate this yr and in a feww months I've already gotten like, 30 hrs :)

*thumbs up for martial arts*

Hehe, well, I do kendo (japanese swordfighting) for action :D

Works out great!

Its after school, so I get to carry around a shinai (wooden sword) all day and look awesome, and then, after a looong day, relax by beating the crap out of someone. Plus, there are a ****load of hours to be aquired for a really small price :D

Edited by Prawler

I used to take Aikido but I hated it. My teacher was an absolute maniac. I was sick and barely able to stand and he's like "fight it, fight it" ...and then I almost barfed on him, lol. I hear he got arrested because some kid drowned during his summer camp. I'm not surprised, when we went in the water and there were like enormous waves he'd tell us to fight them. W T F.

I join Taekwondo as an additional Sport Club in my college.

I really love it mainly because its fun and I get to kick someone...haha

Was a greenhorn but I'm a Green belt holder now... :(

Point deductions?

Can you give me a link to the rules n scoring of these tournaments - coz i'm new to this

Not sure about a link, but differenct "schools" of tae-kwon-do have their own rules. Generally, you can't kick or punch below the waist, you can't kick the head, and you can't grab. These result in warnings, point deductions or disqualifications depending on the severity or how often you did it. To score points you kick or punch the torso or head with enough force to hear a sound and if you have stable footing afterwards. Not sure if the head is worth two points, but if you knock them out (with a kick) you win. Punches generally aren't counted but I think if it's hard enough, it does. I think that's pretty much it.

I know I probably either said something wrong or left something out so somebody please correct me.

Hehe, well, I do kendo (japanese swordfighting) for action :(

Works out great!

Its after school, so I get to carry around a shinai (wooden sword) all day and look awesome, and then, after a looong day, relax by beating the crap out of someone. Plus, there are a ****load of hours to be aquired for a really small price :)

Wow, what are the odds to bump into another kendoka in IB Survival! I do kendo too, for some plain Action.

Though I do think that the main point of kendo is improving oneself, physically and mentally, and not "looking awesome and relaxing by beating the crap out of someone". :)

I did Thaiboxing and brazzilian jui-justsu, totally cool combination. Now it is the last term of IB though... so completed CAS and don't have time for it anymore... (well i had more then 450 hours cas, after taking away 5 projects so it ought to be oke)

But seriously martial arts rock! However, to bad some people gotta use it for thw wrong purpose...

Hey, I am taking Kung Fu, and I was wondering if anyone else is doing any Martial Arts for their CAS hours?

^_^

hey yeah im doing hapkido for CAS and i have gotten 20 hours :)

though i am not doing it, i know someone who is doing taekwondo as CAS

i also did it before coming to IB and its awesome to learn my own country's martial arts

and it allowed me to lose alot of weight :)

cant do it as CAS anymore though since ive experienced it already