Spanish HL Extended Essay

lamarti

It's up to you to come up with your own topic, as it's something you're graded on!

However, you can write about culture, language, or literature. If you really like La Sombra del Viento you can definitely do it on that. It's basically like an A1 EE, but you're doing it in Spanish, and they don't expect you to be completely flawless in your grammar/vocabulary. You could do it on anything in that novel: themes, characters, etc. If you want to do it on a cultural thing, pick something that is directly related and specific to a Spanish-speaking country. Don't choose something that can be tied to multiple countries.

Buena suerte! :)

• 6 years later...

You should research on Sor Juana Ìnes de la Cruz as she is one of the most influential women in the Spanish World . She was a poet from New Mexico and was born in San Miguel de Nepantla . There is critical analysis on all here life events and here work ( poems ,  stories , relationships  and different language themes ) . Its a show on Netflix . You can do your EE on the secularism of her plays or talk about her entire life and highlight the historical events in it . 

Try reading the novel La Casa de Bernada Alba you will get some striking questions and you will fall in love with book . Finally I would suggest you writting your extended essay on Miguel de Cervantes El ingenioso Hidalgo Don Quijote de La Mancha . There is an amazing free course on it which is an indepth analyis by Professor Roberto González Echevarría at Yale University . You can download or print the lectures transcript as its a course in english which was really helpful for me when I wrote an Essay . 

I Don't know too much about the IB as i am still an IGCSE student although I love Spanish Literature and I myself have written on Sor Juana de La Cruz's Poems . Finally if this doesn't work for you can analyse Pablo Neruda's work or Lope de Vega's poems . My favourite Poem of his is "A la Noche " 

Wish you all the best for your Extended Essay , 

Vedaang Mittal