Sign in to follow this  

Amount Of Hours

LOL, curiious to how many hours you guys have for each (C, A, or S)

Personally, I only have action hours sooo....gotta get myself movin :P

Hahaha well, if you ask my CAS coordinator now, I hav about .. ooh i'd say 40 or so hours. But that's just coz i'm slack with my diaries. I actually have done about 130 hours, some are ongoing and some i just havent been bothered to do journals for yet. (I'm a nov '08 candidate btw so my CAS is due to be finished in august)

I just handed in my CAS yesterday haha :) . I had a total of 189 hours, 58 A + 62 C + 69 S.

I actually had closer to 400 hours of CAS but I was too lazy to record some of them/forgot to get them signed :) .

I had at least 444-450 actually documented.

But that's only what I counted... I'm sure I actually had at least 200 more hours but I was too lazy to fill out essays on it haha

Edited by Jewelianna

OHH Man!!, i gotta get movin then. 400+ hours, that'll definitely look good on your resume thats for sure. :)

I hate filling out those forms, especially if you have alot of em...takes forever to write everything down

I have : C: 50 A: 50 S: 33

YAY!

And it's only my first year,

Hey Broxtreme, how did u complete creativity hours. Im thinking towards the musical instruments stuff...but i kinda gave that up like in grade 8 hahaha..any ideas??

C: 64 A: 104 S: 80

Something along those lines, I can't remember exactly...and my CAS coordinator implied that I should get some more!

yahh, if you want to go to a university, it could better ur chances if you got more. So the acceptance people will say you have determinism and such

LOL, curiious to how many hours you guys have for each (C, A, or S)

Personally, I only have action hours sooo....gotta get myself movin :)

I have 300 for creativity.. 20 for activity.. 50 for service

I am at the end of my first year almost and I have done:

C- 42hrs

A- 55hrs 30

S- 59hrs 30

Hopefully will be able to call it a day by the end of this year if my coordinator lets me.

I've completed 116 hours, [iB1], but I'm working with one of my projects almost everyday until Summer break so I guess I will have completed around 125 hours by the end of IB1.

C: 48 A: 41 S: 27, lacking some service hours, I know, but I'll have this big service project during Autumn, so in the end I've planned for my hours to be quite evenly distributed.

We only need to complete 150 hours [our school has no further requirements], and I know no one who has completed 200-400 hours as I understand that some of you do, considering that I guess I'm quite on track with CAS, but I think I'll try to come up with some new projects, just for fun! I actually appreciate CAS a lot :P

UPDATE: Currently I have 141.5 hours completed, but when starting IB2 I will have 156 hours completed, quite great ;) No more must-do hours!

Just one question! I will very soon be done with my painting project at school, which involves C, A and S. At the end of the project, the spent hours will add up to 80. Can I count for 80 hours or not? Because I've heard that for each project you can only get credit for 20 hours of C, A, and S respectively, i.e. only 60 hours...

Edited by QueenSara

i don't know exactly how many hours i have but my coordinators do not allow you to turn in all of your hours...im only allowed to turn in 30 hours every semester for ecery activity, even though i've done like twice as much.

do your coordinators do the same?

hmmm,

are we supposed to make it like evenly distributed between those c,a,s...

or it is just enough if we manage to complete the hours regardless the distribution..?.

Edited by hanif

Guest syrianstar
are we supposed to make it like evenly distributed between those c,a,s...

or it is just enough if we manage to complete the hours regardless the distribution..?.

Our IBC is constantly telling us that we must complete a balanced amount of hours for each component (creativity/action/service) so I assume you have to have an even distribution when trying to complete your hours. :)

Guest Lily Bean

As long as you have 50 of each it's fine. My friend had like 500 C, 200 S and 100 A.

As long as you have 50 of each it's fine. My friend had like 500 C, 200 S and 100 A.

Yea, a colleague of mine had 1600 hours completed over two years. Needless to say, he won the national civic service award that year.