Amount Of Hours

ibkid

Hahaha well, if you ask my CAS coordinator now, I hav about .. ooh i'd say 40 or so hours. But that's just coz i'm slack with my diaries. I actually have done about 130 hours, some are ongoing and some i just havent been bothered to do journals for yet. (I'm a nov '08 candidate btw so my CAS is due to be finished in august)

C: 64 A: 104 S: 80

Something along those lines, I can't remember exactly...and my CAS coordinator implied that I should get some more!

yahh, if you want to go to a university, it could better ur chances if you got more. So the acceptance people will say you have determinism and such

• 1 month later...

I've completed 116 hours, [iB1], but I'm working with one of my projects almost everyday until Summer break so I guess I will have completed around 125 hours by the end of IB1.

C: 48 A: 41 S: 27, lacking some service hours, I know, but I'll have this big service project during Autumn, so in the end I've planned for my hours to be quite evenly distributed.

We only need to complete 150 hours [our school has no further requirements], and I know no one who has completed 200-400 hours as I understand that some of you do, considering that I guess I'm quite on track with CAS, but I think I'll try to come up with some new projects, just for fun! I actually appreciate CAS a lot :P

UPDATE: Currently I have 141.5 hours completed, but when starting IB2 I will have 156 hours completed, quite great ;) No more must-do hours!

Just one question! I will very soon be done with my painting project at school, which involves C, A and S. At the end of the project, the spent hours will add up to 80. Can I count for 80 hours or not? Because I've heard that for each project you can only get credit for 20 hours of C, A, and S respectively, i.e. only 60 hours...

Edited by QueenSara

Guest syrianstar
are we supposed to make it like evenly distributed between those c,a,s...

or it is just enough if we manage to complete the hours regardless the distribution..?.

Our IBC is constantly telling us that we must complete a balanced amount of hours for each component (creativity/action/service) so I assume you have to have an even distribution when trying to complete your hours. :)