The thread where you can complain about your life, no judging

Access Denied

In psychology we study that talking about your issues or problems in your life at the moment will stop them from manifesting in the future. This thread is dedicated to pouring out your issues, no one needs to reply necessarily to your problem, it a thread to vent and put your thoughts in front of you (within reason please).

It also may help gain perspective on your problem atm by looking at others.

Well, in my second year IB, I was in hospital for most of it with a spinal disorder, hence I was allowed a split exam session for this may. The catch; I would have no classes or teachers, so all of IB2 I have to teach myself, while all my friends are out partying...and I am still sick.... joys of life. :S And I am aiming for 44 :)

I love IB.

I am offended as my rats are plain stupid, but they are still cute. Yoghurt has an IQ of 7 which is above the intelligence of some of the people around me.

Frankly my problems have already manifested itself. 2 very distinct voices always suggest to me what to do, when my therapist (who could put rapist back into therapist) said i should let the aggresive/malevolent one come closer I was being followed after I left.

Paranoia and schizophrenia/personality disorders are cool hey.

Tip of the ice berg.

• 6 months later...

I love my friends and I love academics and the challenge of being in IB. Sometimes it just seems I'm forced to choose between the two. None of my friends are in IB and they have much more free time than me, and I can't go out with them often because of all the homework I have and it just feels like I'm drifting from them...the people in my IB class are all so school-oriented its scary. I mean, I know grades are important but we're only in high school once right? Shouldn't we enjoy it with our friends while our adolescence lasts? Ugh, sometimes I just want to quit IB and live a "normal" teenage life you know? The only really free time I get is on Fridays, what with all the homework and CAS, and it sucks I barely get to see some of closest friends now since we don't have any classes together since they don't do IB. One of my biggest fears is that when I'm older I'm going to look back and think to myself that IB was not worth it and that I should've just done the regular curriculum...but I do love academics, as nerdy as that sounds and I want to get my IB diploma. But sometimes I just don't know...

I hate how I have to adjust that pin inside my piano every so often while I'm enjoying cofee.

I hate it when water from some hidden puddle splashes into my coffee.

I hate it when someone takes sugar cubes out of the sugar box without using for coffee.

And I hate how there's always leftover sugar crystals in my coffee.

But compared to others, I feel slightly better. But I could still improve the coffee.

Not that I like coffee.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate how my life consists literally of this (with occasional changes here and there) :

1. Get up

2. Try to get to school on time

3. Get to school late

4. Survive 6 hours of tedious teaching

5. Go to the library after school

6. Study until 11pm

7. Go home and study some more

8. Sleep

9. Repeat all over again the next day.

No more social life, or parties, or hanging out with friends. I can only try to survive this pit of never ending doom.

I hate how all my friends dropped IB and I can no longer spend more time with them like before.

Dislike how I study so much yet my grades are just mediocre compared to others.

But I hope to soon see the light at the end of this tunnel!

Edited by funny10sport

I've come to a point in my life where I am scared for the future. I don't think I can make it out on top and reach my full potential. I don't feel like I deserve a good life. I don't believe I am good enough....

Same here. I feel so unfocused with everything, and I'm blessed with so much. It scares me because I don't feel like I work hard enough and my dreams seem farther away.

• 1 month later...

1. I'm probably going to get rejected from Harvard for an LLM, not because my grades aren't good nor my application impressive, but because the postal service is called snail mail for a reason and my transcript "in a sealed envelope" hasn't reached them by December 1st, despite me having posted it over 3 weeks in advance, through my current university.

2. I have dwindling prospects of becoming a barrister which is what I want to do with my life, simply because my grades in first-year aren't high enough.

3. Cambridge rejected me for a Master's as well.

4. I am nowhere in terms of my dissertation and haven't written a word in over 6 weeks. I ducked behind a trashcan to avoid being seen by my dissertation supervisor last week.

5. I have no love life and no energy/time to find one.