OMG, Am I going to be dead?

Guest Aastha

Guest Aastha

My Examiner visit is on the 22nd of this month and the examiner has asked us to courier our Research Workbooks to her/him by tomorrow.

Is that pretty normal? or is it hat the examiner is suspicious of something?

Also I am an Visual Arts HL Option B - 60% Workbook and 40% Studio Work.

And I have been able to complete only 120-130 pages, is that okay? :(

Please reply urgently anyone, I need to give'em to the teacher for the courier in some hours.

i don't think you can do anything about it anyway.

If your friends also have around the same number of pages then i think it's ok ...

Even if not the worst case scenario is that you'd have to redo it or something.

still ...

... I'm sure you will be fine :o

Guest Aastha

No actually they don't really ask us to redo them! I mean how can they ask us to redo the pages?

But my pages contain a very good balance of knowledge understanding and sketches, pictures, history and contemporary art.

No body except me n my school has taken Option B.

And nowhere in the criteria or anywhere the number of pages have been mentioned, My teacher asked it around on the OCC, no teacher really said its a criteria that has been given by the IB....What do you think?

I am an Visual Arts HL Option B - 60% Workbook and 40% Studio Work. And I have been able to complete only 120-130 pages, is that okay? :( Please reply urgently anyone, I need to give'em to the teacher for the courier in some hours.

Wait you're option B and you only completed 130 pages? Over a 2 year period? how is that possible? If you're option B you're supposed to have majority work done in your IWB and that should really be atleast 300 pages because option A is majority work on studios and we have to have 300 pages, but thats just my teacher. BUT, if your pages are strong and really goes in depth with experimentation and ideas and development of pieces you should be okayish.

You can also convince the examiner during the interview phase of the exam. :)

So just be prepared for lots of questions :) you'll be fine :D

Guest Aastha

I didn't have a teacher for the first year, this is a painful process for me. sigh.

But yes, I have talked about cell animation, introduced local artists and analysed their language.

Also put plenty sketches and talked about visual communication history and print makking history... also talked about the great wave off kanagawa and analysed... atleast 2-4 pages on each studio work! and tonns more...

Guest Aastha

Even I cannot gulp the fact that after writing so much, it still is 130-120 pages!

I mean I've really worked so hard and my works are really good. I have 10 studio pieces.

Also I have written about alternative materials that i considered and things! My pages sound really informative and very appealing in looks too!

We didn't even have a teacher for ESS, Maths STudies and Physics for the whole two years, tell me about it.

Edited by Aastha

Guest Aastha

Phew, thanks for you opinion! really gave me a relief. really.

I hope the examiner understands my degree of passion and ability. :)

I'll live stream the interview if possible! Thanks :D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Help!!!

I am in a brand new IB program at my school. We are the first class to ever go for the Diploma. I am the only one signed up for IB art, and I will be the first kid to ever do this at my school not to mention I will be going at it alone. No one is telling me what I need to do and I am starting to panic. I am a Junior and won't start IB art until next year. What do I do? What can I expect? Please help me!

Help!!!

I am in a brand new IB program at my school. We are the first class to ever go for the Diploma. I am the only one signed up for IB art, and I will be the first kid to ever do this at my school not to mention I will be going at it alone. No one is telling me what I need to do and I am starting to panic. I am a Junior and won't start IB art until next year. What do I do? What can I expect? Please help me!

Hello there newbie :P

I suggest checking out this thread here:

VERY useful advice towards the art workbooks and the class in general. also look over the IB Visual Arts Syllabus/Guide.