Sign in to follow this  

Which history text book to use?

Hello,

I have several IB history text books, and I am unsure whether I should use all of them to write my notes about the same topic or can I use one?

For Paper 3 I have "History of Europe and the Middle East Course companion" by Mariam Habibi, Peyman Jafari, Richard Jones-Nezric, David Keys and David Smith.

I really recommend this text book because it is the official course companion. It has what you are required to know.

This is the only one I will use for paper 3. But I will also use other textbooks for papers 1 and 2.

I would recommend that you use only one textbook and your notes. This makes your studying process easier.

It's good to have one book that summarises the content (i.e gives you an overview of what actually happened) and another that helps you break down the information and analyse it.

For the former, any old text book on your topic will do. For the Analysis, depending on your content, this book may do the trick, it's what we use. It's called "The World Since 1945", and it's by Vadney (not sure of the first name, could be T. E ?)

If that is relevant, I would definitely check it out, it's the size of a standard english text as well, and jam-packed with info.

Edited by Callum van den Enden