Gifts to MYP teachers

HiggsHunter

Do students in your school give personal gifts to their MYP teachers in appreciation of their services? In our school, students often give small symbolic gifts (flowers, cards, chocolates, paintings, personal items such as scarves, etc) to popular teachers at Christmas time and/or at the end of the school year. The class representatives also organise collections for the purchase of gift vouchers, and students are free to contribute to these if they wish.

In China, it is traditional to give symbolic gifts on the PRC's National Teachers' Day (September 10). I'm sure that most teachers are completely impartial, but I know of one case in Kunming where a teacher actually told his classes that adequate gifts were required to receive good grades!

That sounds a very original gift, and I'm sure that your teacher really appreciated it!

After school hours the music teacher at our IB school runs a band club that has about a dozen musicians. They play for the school shows that are put on around Christmas time.

Edited by HiggsHunter

I gave my English teacher a bottle of high-end wine. But then again its boarding school, and we're much closer to our teachers than most day school kids. Plus my English HL class (of 3 students) would often go to his house (on the pretext of being taught) and would end up raiding his fridge.

He was very sweet to us so...yeah.

Oh and i know this is for MYP teachers...but this is occurred at the end of IB.

That would be an excellent gift for a teacher with a fine taste in wines! Back when I visited New Delhi for a conference, alcohol was not very readily available and quite expensive. Our IB school here is in a vine-growing area on the Swiss Riviera, but very little Swiss wine is exported as the production is consumed locally, and it doesn't have the international reputation of French or California wine.

When did you visit Delhi for alcohol to not be readily available?

He didn't necessarily visit a theka Ananya, And anyway, alchol in India stops being served after 12. The law.

Oh and the wine i gave was Jacob's Creek. (Australian :P )

Uhh....Ananya, Booze is not sold ANYWHERE in India except for expensive hotels and booze shops. Liquor license's aren't available to markets...especially not supermarkets.

Of course, its not the same in other countries.

back to topic,

our school has a close student-teacher relationship, and yes we do give teachers presents on teacher's day, on valentine's day, on their birthday, at the end of academic year, etc...

How sweet!

At our school students exchange gifts on Valentine's Day. This is done through intermediaries who are not supposed to reveal the identities of the donors!

Uhh....Ananya, Booze is not sold ANYWHERE in India except for expensive hotels and booze shops. Liquor license's aren't available to markets...especially not supermarkets.

Of course, its not the same in other countries.

Then the supermarket has a booze license or something. they're really strict with IDing though :|

back to topic,

our school has a close student-teacher relationship, and yes we do give teachers presents on teacher's day, on valentine's day, on their birthday, at the end of academic year, etc...

How sweet!

At our school students exchange gifts on Valentine's Day. This is done through intermediaries who are not supposed to reveal the identities of the donors!

Thats what it is IN THEORY at my school, but eh, people end up finding out because the intermediaries spill XD