Canadian Universities

ibkid

I think McGill toned it down a notch this year caus some of my friends with very average predicted grades got accepted
Well it depends on the programs they got into and number of applicants - no?
Usually McGill, UofT and UBC compete for the top spot in rankings. But compared to their actual Ivy counterparts, they are such obsecure schools. I doubt most Americans even know where BC is.
Hah, isn't that a tad harsh? :) But I agree somewhat, Canadian universities are nowhere as well spoken of, in comparison to Ivy League schools. But they are a lot cheaper as the government subsidize the costs. :)

Guest heartarcade

Our schools IB coordinator told us that Canadian universities are hungry for Ib students.. there is a possibly that some of you may get scholarships.

Everyone's already said the best Canadian Unis..

McGill is famous for medicine if that's what you're interested in. Plus, Montreal isn't too bad and it is bilingual

Edited by heartarcade

• 2 weeks later...

I have always said that going to Canada is much better than going to America. The thing is that Canada was and still always mesmerizes me with its culture diversity and great universities. And to answer your last question. Ofcourse!! UBC!! Concordia!! McGill!! UofT!!

hoping to get into Trent however!

i havent heard of McMaster before.... of course the famous U of Toronto, UBC, McGill... has anyone heard of Simon Fraser University? i think its in vancouver...

Heh, McMaster is only famous for its Health Sciences (pre-med) program..not really known internationally. And I've heard of Simon Fraser, my cousin goes there.

It depends what you're going into in university. If it's something such as Music Performance, Waterloo is not that great anymore.

IMO, Waterloo was only ever good for its co-op, math, engineering, and computing. I think there's also a pharmacy/med building there now and I know a few people writing upcoming MCATs from there.

Edit:

Heh, McMaster is only famous for its Health Sciences (pre-med) program..not really known internationally. And I've heard of Simon Fraser, my cousin goes there.

I didn't know McMaster was good for pre-med. That propels it to the top of my list then. :ninja:

Edited by moneyfaery

I didn't know McMaster was good for pre-med. That propels it to the top of my list then. :ninja:

Haha, yeah. It's a 4 year Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) program. And what's awesome about it is that McMaster has a medical program..and you don't need to take the MCAT to get into it. Mac also has it's own hospital too, very convenient.

The Health Sci program is very competitive. Only 160 students are accepted each year and 3000+ people apply. Everyone accepted MUST have a minimum grade 12 average of 90% and a stellar supplementary application or they're rejected.

Edited by __inthemaking