Canadian Universities

ibkid

Seems kinda early for univs to be handing out acceptances. Waterloo said they received my app and were waiting on me to fill out my AIF, but that's it. Same with other univs. Ahhhh, I don't know.

How long did it take for them to reply to you saying that they have received your application?

• 1 month later...
To sweetgirl and Irene from above - if you guys don't mind me asking, what programmes did you apply for at UWO? I'm in Grade 11 right now and their biomed sci programme is the one that intrigues me the most amongst all the Canadian unis.

I was accepted by Management and Organizational studies programmme. So I don't know about the biomed sci programme. I think it is in faculty of Science.

To sweetgirl and Irene from above - if you guys don't mind me asking, what programmes did you apply for at UWO? I'm in Grade 11 right now and their biomed sci programme is the one that intrigues me the most amongst all the Canadian unis.

I was accepted into UWO's biomed sci program but ultimately rejected it to take up McMaster's health sci offer. What do you want to know about the biomed sci program?

Biomed sci, haha. I don't think I'll be going there though. :)

I was accepted into UWO's biomed sci program but ultimately rejected it to take up McMaster's health sci offer. What do you want to know about the biomed sci program?

Haha, to be honest, one of the reasons I want to go to UWO biomed sci is its rumoured easiness. I know, horrible route to heed the advice of these ridiculous rumours but I think there's undeniably bound to be some truth to these things. I've heard horrifying stuff about UT and as much as guidance counsellors and teachers say "oh, it's alright, all the schools are equal in terms of easiness", I just cannot see how that can be possible.

But uh, one thing I've wondered is the actual entrance average of the biomed sci program? I've heard people repeatedly say 86 and even 87 but the information on einfo says otherwise - an 80 is required, according to einfo. So yeah, I don't know what to believe and it'd help if you could clear that up? XD And oh yeah, another thing I've wanted to know is if there is a supp application required for UWO's biomed sci programme?

Haha, to be honest, one of the reasons I want to go to UWO biomed sci is its rumoured easiness. I know, horrible route to heed the advice of these ridiculous rumours but I think there's undeniably bound to be some truth to these things. I've heard horrifying stuff about UT and as much as guidance counsellors and teachers say "oh, it's alright, all the schools are equal in terms of easiness", I just cannot see how that can be possible.

But uh, one thing I've wondered is the actual entrance average of the biomed sci program? I've heard people repeatedly say 86 and even 87 but the information on einfo says otherwise - an 80 is required, according to einfo. So yeah, I don't know what to believe and it'd help if you could clear that up? :) And oh yeah, another thing I've wanted to know is if there is a supp application required for UWO's biomed sci programme?

I have friends in first year UWO biomed sci and while they don't seem to be too swamped from work and have lots of time to party it up, I've heard that textbook prices are inflated there, and my friends have easily spent $800 each semester on books. My friend paid $300 for a physics textbook that I bought at McMaster for only $125 :D . Another thing I know about Western is that first year science classes are ginormous..up to 500-600 students/class.

Anyways, the actual entrance average is 80%, I have friends who had low 80 averages get into the program. And there is no supp app except I was recruited to join the Scholars Elective program which is for students with an admission average of 90%+ and they wanted me to fill out a supp app for that (basically like another IB, you and a select group of first years get research opportunities, take a couple extra courses, and some other privileges, I turned it down because I was too lazy to fill out the supp app :proud: but you can check it out (http://www.uwo.ca/univsec/handbook/adm/scholars.pdf)).

Edited by __inthemaking

The people who got acceptances at Waterloo, are you actually going to Waterloo? I got mine a few weeks ago and I'm really think I might be going there next year...everything looks so awesome there.

I accepted their offer so maybe I'll see you! Maybe because I still might change my mind, haha. :proud:

The people who got acceptances at Waterloo, are you actually going to Waterloo? I got mine a few weeks ago and I'm really think I might be going there next year...everything looks so awesome there.

Except the food!! :) Waterloo's campus food is disgusting haha. And the campus is not very pretty either. But of course, academics >> campus/food, especially if you're going for maths/engineering. Congrats!