Canadian Universities

ibkid

I completely forgot about the Waterloo open house.

I am really conflicted about university. I have no idea what I would chose between the Schulich iBBA and Waterloo's Actuarial Sciences program. Anyone know anything about these?

On the one hand, Schulich is really prestigious, and the iBBA would enable me to learn another language (finally, I can learn Mandarin) and go on an exchange. Also, it has a really well-known faculty, so I could probably find a job easily. The drawback is that I've never had the opportunity to take ANY business courses, so I don't know if I would like it. Also, the combination of another language, global electives and business courses seems wayy intense. I somehow doubt I'd be able to scrape a high GPA, and get accepted to a good MBA program afterwards.

On the other, Waterloo is amazing. Actuarial science is really sought after, and is a job with almost 0 unemployment. It is a good launching pad for an MBA afterward. The pay is amazing, and I'd be doing something I really like- namely math applied in a business setting. Plus, it has co-op. I would also be away from home, which would be great. In the end though...how can I turn down Schulich?

What do you guys think?

haha, I think nows the time when you bug your mom to teach you how to cook and buy recipie books. :no:

I hear that Queen's has the best campus though.

So does Western, but personally academics > campus, and I vehemently dislike Queen's method of teaching/scheduling courses.

Did anyone happen to attend the UW open house on March 17? I just got back from my east side tour of all of the big schools :)

My friend did. :) I've already lived there so no need, haha.

What do you guys think?

I was going to ask you if you'd like to room with me + friend but you're male... so guess not. :) Which brings me to shamelessly ask... who here for sure is going to UW and is female? We need a 3rd roomie. :)

Edited by Irene

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone get offers for Ivey AEO? Or know anyone who got in? I got an email:

"Greetings xxxxx from Ivey!

On Monday, March 30th, we made 60% of our Ivey AEO status offers.

If you have not received an offer from Ivey, please remember that the remaining 40% of our offers will be made on a rolling basis as grades and other details are available to us. We have access to all of your academic information through our Central Admission Office at Western. If we require any other information from you to make our admission decision, we will contact you.

Once again, I want to reiterate that your offer is not related to the quality of your application."

Wtf does that last sentence mean? Not related to the quality of my application?? Then what is it related to??

I've just got an offer from UOT (Scarborough). I heard that the Scarborough is much worse than the S.T George. Is it true?

Is Mcgill and W. Ontario better than Scarborough in UT?? Someone can help me ?? THX

UT Scarborough is not as desirable as St George, but no one can say if it is "much worse".

McGill is the #1 school in Canada. For UWO, really depends on the program.