Hi guys!

I have a little problem. Being stupid i ve just found out that I need Chemistry to apply to most good Canadian Universities and... that is a big problem, because it is a middle of the year and I don't quite like Chemistry. I have contacted universities and I have an opportunity to study Chemistry in summer. But still you have to pay extra money and I will spend my time. My major destination is UBC, am an international student and studying in England.........

Oh yeah, and i have films as my group 6 subject, which I don't find exciting.

Do you have any suggestions about that. And is Chemistry hard?

Thanks, guys

The only general admission requirements for IB Diploma applicants are a minimum score of 24 points, 3 HL subjects, and SL or HL English A1 or A2 with a minimum score of 3.

The other admission requirements are program-specific, and Chemistry is of course not required for all undergraduate courses. So what are your career intentions, and what do you want to study at UBC?

Hi guys!

I have a little problem. Being stupid i ve just found out that I need Chemistry to apply to most good Canadian Universities and... that is a big problem, because it is a middle of the year and I don't quite like Chemistry. I have contacted universities and I have an opportunity to study Chemistry in summer. But still you have to pay extra money and I will spend my time. My major destination is UBC, am an international student and studying in England.........

Oh yeah, and i have films as my group 6 subject, which I don't find exciting.

Do you have any suggestions about that. And is Chemistry hard?

Thanks, guys

According to what I've heard from most people, Chemistry is no problem if you spend time studying it. I think you should change since you still have the chance, but taking a break after IB isn't a ridiculous idea either. I would drop films and take chemistry instead :)

I suggest taking Chemistry at the Higher Level, as I hear most programs do not accept the Standard Level course, which is medicore even compared to the Canadian level of academic education.

Difficulty is subjective, but if you are willing to commit time to learning it, your success will likely come. I find that Chemistry is difficult only because of the sheer amount of content. I suggest you should read the syllabus so you know exactly what you are going to learn before making a decision.

I am taking Chem this year as a sophomore and I am planning on taking another Chem course next year. It isn't really hard, but that might be because I have an easy teacher. You will have to study, though. You don't necessarily have to be good at math either. The math in Chemistry is pretty simple and can be done on a calculator. If you do take it, then I suggest you learn how to use the ICE chart for stoichiometry- it makes things a lot easier.