HL Visual arts exam

Turkalurky

Can any IB students who have already completed their art exam give me any advice/tips/general info and what to expect? It would be much appreciated

Had mine this morning but this is general advice I found out during a trial presentation,

- be relaxed,

- introduce your topic and specific area of it (kindo of like a RQ), what are you trying to convey?

- artists, artists, artists - if there is an artist that inspired you name them! if there is an artist that produced similar art work, name them!

- try not to be shakespearean - saying something once is enough - if the examiner doesn't get it he'll ask you;

- explain your processes a bit (my examiner took to me when I explained how I created an image-to-html picture)

- you can refer to your art diary if you want to show a specific concept

- examiners can relate to tidious processes - they're artists themselves

- give a summary of what you said (goals of exhibition, how you tried to achieve them, topics)

- think about what you feel your strongest piece of art is and why - it's a recurring question

Good luck!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Can any IB students who have already completed their art exam give me any advice/tips/general info and what to expect? It would be much appreciated

i had my art exam about 2 weeks ago, and oooh my it was amazing! i came out of the room crying of joy and so many other emotions!

i had no idea what to expect, but my art examiner was so nice and down to earth, she wanted to know everything about me personally and my art works and everything about them from inspirations to the process, i was told the exam goes for 45 minutes but because there were only 2 students in my class including me, i was second to go and we spoke for about 2 hours, it was the best thing ever soooo happy with it!

so really my advice is just be you, know and be confident in your pieces and designs and if they ask a specific question make sure you answer it

hope this helps a little!

I need help with my studio pieces

its my first year in IB and im stressed, i dont know to go about them

Please, help me!

my first year i created about 5 pieces... big mistake, i ended up making 18 which was lucky

but you really have to let it come to you, dont stress at all

whatever your theme is, always have it on your mind

when you look through a magazine, tumblr, stumbleupon, etc anything that slightly inspires you just keep it aside, put it in your book

even if you dont use it right away you can always refer back to it

one of my final pieces was something i had been playing in my mind and books for about 12 months until i finially made it :)

• Like 1