The Next Chapter

HiggsHunter

As you know, the IB programmes are continually reviewed and modified. Recent examples include the new Language subjects, the Group 3 Global Politics pilot, the new World Studies EE option, World Religions SL, and the revised Group 6 courses. A new Group 4 SL Science and Technology course is also being discussed.

One of the current issues is the continuum of education through the PYP, MYP and DP programmes, and some of the key challenges for MYP are indicated briefly in the document "IB MYP Perspectives 2011-2014" that I have uploaded to the Files section.

Considerably more detail is given in the "Next Chapter" presentation that was made 10 days ago at the Category 1 Workshop in Singapore. However, although that file is only 13.1 MB (less than the indicated limit of 20 MB), I haven't been able to upload it to the Files section! (I have tried both the basic and advanced uploader). Could anyone advise about this?

Thank you!

Thanks for your fast response, timtamboy63!

The file is a pdf.

When using the advanced uploader, the data transfer bar advances normally to the right hand end, but then the message "No file was selected for upload" appears in red.

When using the basic uploader, after the file has been selected by "Choose File", and then "Attach File" and "Add Submission" have been clicked, the message "An error occurred. You did not upload any files. You must upload at least one file to continue" appears.

I have experienced the same problem with a 9.9 MB file, but no problems with any of the much smaller ones that I have uploaded.

Thanks, Ishaan! You encountered the same problem?

Zipping this large pdf did not reduce its size sufficiently, but I've reduced the resolution of the graphics by Quartz Filter to compress the file size to 1.1 MB, and that uploaded OK. (It's now awaiting approval, with 4 other files including the 2011-2012 MYP Coordinator's Handbook)

It would be useful to know the actual maximum file size that is allowed, because it appears to be less than 20 MB.

Thanks, Ishaan! You encountered the same problem?

Zipping this large pdf did not reduce its size sufficiently, but I've reduced the resolution of the graphics by Quartz Filter to compress the file size to 1.1 MB, and that uploaded OK. (It's now awaiting approval, with 4 other files including the 2011-2012 MYP Coordinator's Handbook)

It would be useful to know the actual maximum file size that is allowed, because it appears to be less than 20 MB.

For me it wasn't the file size problem...it was the file extension. After zipping it, it got uploaded.