Human Biochemistry or Environmental Chemistry

omri

Hey!

So, our class does not have a chemistry teacher at the moment and our teacher has already taught us Drugs and Medicine and taught, very poorly, Human Biochemistry.

I take physics, and not biology, so I find the option very difficult as it required a lot of memorization! I looked at the Environmental option and although requires a fair deal of memorization, seems simpler.

I will need to learn a whole option by myself in a few weeks.. so which one do you think is easier to learn?

Thanks!

Well, I did both and quiet honestly, I think human biochemistry is MUCH easier to remember. Environmental chemistry has a lot of small details, and equations and reactions that needs to be memorized, while human biochemistry only has written informations that can be remembered with much more ease as it is mainly basic information. But that is just my honest opinion, though.

I take physics too, btw, so I know what you mean ;)

Edited by Sairoo
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm on break this week, and I was also deciding between Human Biochem or Environmental. Since I have to self-study (also), I'm going with Human Biochem. Like Sairoo said, there's a lot of equations and reactions. I self-studied Medicine and Drugs as well, and there is some overlap with the terms, which makes things a lot easier.

Taking a look at the material, I would say that Human Biochem is easier.

Haha, I get what you mean with physics. ;D

Definitely human biochemistry. If you're not much of a science buff environmental chemistry can be a huge pain in the derriere because of so many things you just can't relate to. Moreover, you've already been introduced to Human biochemistry so I think you'll struggle a lot less than if you have to deal with an entirely new concept.

Good luck :)