What Hl and Sl courses need to be taken!

Nami

Hi again! I have another question, ok in my school I was invited to the IB meeting in school which the teachers think these kids are able to do it and that day i went home sick and missed it! So I missed on how many courses you should take and stuff like that! Anything you guys know! Also! What courses should I take in IB SL and HL? Those that will be helpful for University. Pre-Ib courses I have selected but what courses should I take for medical if I decide to take Ib in 11 and 12?

This is what I have thought of so far!

French SL or Hl

English Sl or Hl

Math SL

Biology HL?

Chem Sl or Hl?

Don;t know!

So what i mean is in the subjects what Hl and Sl should I take and that are helpful! I know its fricking hard...Thanks for any help! :)

The subjects of greatest relevance to an undergraduate medical programme are Chemistry and Biology, so these should preferably be at HL. Your 3rd HL subject would normally be your native language (English or French), while your second language would be SL. That leaves you a choice of two SL subjects for a standard 3HL + 3SL Diploma. I would suggest Maths SL for one subject, and the second one could be Economics or any other subject that interests you.

Edited by HiggsHunter
  • Like 1

The subjects of greatest relevance to an undergraduate medical programme are Chemistry and Biology, so these should preferably be at HL. Your 3rd HL subject would normally be your native language (English or French), while your second language would be SL. That leaves you a choice of two SL subjects for a standard 3HL + 3SL Diploma. I would suggest Maths SL for one subject, and the second one could be Economics or any other subject that interests you.

Thanks thats really helpful! Also I had been thinking about chemistry and Biology as Hl english isn't my first language so I'm taking english Sl and French HL third language. Thanks for the helP!

Edited by Nami