Holiday destinations after IB

LSW

Wow, looks incredibly nice. Although seems like it would cost a fortune... I'm probably going to struggle paying for food while out camping... I have a couple of concerts lined up and a party too. But I'll be making the most out of London for as little as possible. And of course enjoying euro 2012 :)

Sounds good! Camping can be fun, too, as long as the weather is OK. But unless you actually prefer the open air, you can often find a simple but comfortable auberge in France for little more than the price of a campsite.

Really? Well, I shall keep that in mind and put that on my bucket list. It look amazing.

Yeah camping really is my thing, Ive gone almost every year. I enjoy the countryside, it's always lovely and it's nice to have an in-tent day too if the weather is a little rough, as long as you're with people you get on well with :)

I'm planning on booking a holiday as an incentive to work productively throughout the IB. I've been saving and would like to go to Majorca, Ibiza, Mallaga or Zante once exams are over. Though my parents trust me, they seem to think these places encourage nothing but violence and debauchery. I just wanted to get other people's opinions on this, have any of you been? Are these places overrated? Any alternatives?

I don't think they are overrated, and I think you would love Ibiza! It's an awesome experience, even if your motives aren't to go and drink your ass off. I think booking a holiday as an incentive to work productively throughout IB is an amazing idea, and I'm stunned that more people don't do this, because it really does propel you forward. No amount of homework seems too hard to overcome if you have reassuring rewards ahead, to look forward to :) I think you should visit Holland as well, I've been all over the world, and I think Holland is so unique, and some of the scenery there is just too breathtaking; it's also pretty low-key in my opinion, your parents shouldn't be too worried about you going there :) I think you should also check out the ''non touristy places'' such as visiting Fortuna, Spain rather than Alicante, Spain because tourist places are often quite dangerous because people expect to find other people that are unfamiliar with the area and probably carry money with them and are aiming to relax. It's also too artificial in my opinion, for example experiencing Spain or England from a touristy point of view is nothing compared to how the ''local'' experience is. It will definitely broaden your horizon if you try out some non-traditional routes when it comes to travelling :)

• 3 weeks later...

You have all really broadened my ideas on travelling, I genuinely feel like 'the world is my oyster'. :) I will definitely consider the non tourist route and check out some of the destinations mentioned! I can't wait to get out of London and come back with a different view point!

• Like 1

In mid-May our school is organizing a trip to London for students from MYP1 to DP1. A similar trip by 44 students last year was a great success (as were the school visits to Morocco, Paris and Berlin). Every day was packed with exciting activities, and the weather was generally sunny with only a couple of (very wet) English showers!

You have all really broadened my ideas on travelling, I genuinely feel like 'the world is my oyster'. :) I will definitely consider the non tourist route and check out some of the destinations mentioned! I can't wait to get out of London and come back with a different view point!

I hope that you have a great holiday.

The contingent from our school flew from Geneva to London Yesterday! There are about 40 students, accompanied by 7 teachers.