Question about TPPP, urgent!

mwa

So due to "extenuating circumstances" my entire IB Theatre course has been completely off topic and non-relevant to anything relating to the actual IB curriculum, and there are only two of us in my drama class that are IB...so I'm basically flailing around trying to figure out what I'm supposed to do for my assessments.

What I'm wondering is for the TPPP are these "essential elements of the performance and production processes" set elements that are specific within the different cultures? Or is it just what you believe them to be depending on the performance(s) that you are basing the presentation around.

In general, are they (IB grader people) just looking for an explanation of the production/performance process of something you did and how that has helped you grow? (i.e. presentation says I did x, y, and z to come up with final product of ___. I have learned that ___, ___, and ____. This has helped me develop a deeper understanding of theatre and it has helped me grow as an actor blah blah blah) Or am I completely missing the point of this presentation thing?

Edited by mwa

Hi, hope I'm not too late. Not sure what your first question is asking because I'm dumb. And yes, I believe the point of the TPPP is to show how you've grown as an actor/actress/whatever you are. Your example is basically what I said in my presentation. In the beginning of mine, I said how I was insecure with myself and hated myself, which was why I started theatre. Then I end with a metaphor about how I'm a growing seed (theatre has let me spread my roots, but I don't know what I'm going to become in the future and blah blah blah). Super cheesy, but apparently that's what the IB wants. To show them how you've grown. Make a lot of references to your IB Theatre class and how it has helped you (just BS it).