EE- History- Rise of Stalin

fatendestinny

Hi,

For my History EE I've narrowed it down to Stalin's rise to power, and so i've found have some key points to his rise to power.

My question: History EE- Stalin's rise to Power.

1) His position (general secretariat)

2) failure of his enemies to oppose (Trotsky, Kamanev and Zinoviev, Bukharin)

3) His personality/ political cunningness (like how he's not afraid to kill others to get to the top etc.. show trials etc...) [ i dont know whether i should split this into 2 things, like one would be his personality and the other his political cunning.)

4) most definitively his cult of personality (it was the peak of his power so i'd probably write up till now.)

I want to know if you guys have any more ideas about this, whether i should narrow down my question more? maybe add the time period from when to when? like 1924 to about 1940's which would be his CoP (cult of personality).

any historiography you guys know, historians, books? etc.. please help me out :)

Edited by fatendestinny

Seems like you're focusing solely on descriptions. It's easy to fall into the trap of saying: he is this and that. Personally, I'd also add in his political manoeuvres (which would indirectly talk about his position, his personality and cunningness and his cult of personality...somewhat).

Good luck, fellow 2013 test taker

Oh, and as for any relevant historians...you're on your own. We, IB History students, take pride in knowing our own historians.

In other words, go find your own.

• Like 2

Seems like you're focusing solely on descriptions. It's easy to fall into the trap of saying: he is this and that. Personally, I'd also add in his political manoeuvres (which would indirectly talk about his position, his personality and cunningness and his cult of personality...somewhat).

Good luck, fellow 2013 test taker

Oh, and as for any relevant historians...you're on your own. We, IB History students, take pride in knowing our own historians.

In other words, go find your own.

thanks! my brother who graduated last year said the same thing! as for historians im pretty good i just wanted to see if someone would give a new name :) thanks!

but now im still sorta shaky with the question.. i have no clue if i might be doing stalin still :/

Edited by fatendestinny