Original Ideas For A Math Studies IA On Statistics Please!

Jose BH.

Hey, sorry here at IBS we can't give you specific ideas, but, we can help you develop certain ideas you do have to a strong idea. I'm sure you do have a few realistic ideas? Share them and we here can help you choose one:)

EDIT: and please refrain from writing your whole sentence in CAPS. Thank you:)

Edited by Jaymi
  • Like 1

My ideas were:

1. The rate billionaires throughout the years - but I've been looking for info and don't know if I can find the data.

2. The Stroop Effect - but I don't know how to do it really or if you can get much info out of it.

3. The dates of birth of the whole school Vs. something - but I don't know what!

4. Comparison between the two sales rates of two companies.

Edited by Jirashimosu

Well your first idea seems a bit unrealistic, I'm pretty sure you won't find reliable information on that one. I actually have no idea what the second idea is about. The third idea is also a bit unrealistic, surely it will be extremely unrealistic to do your whole school? You can do your class if you like...you could do a comparison on their age and how fast they can do a series of mathematical questions mentally to see if your age has any effect on doing mental maths (but of course the questions will have to be realistic and something that everybody can do). The last idea is also a good one but you have make sure the information the companies decide to give to you are not biased because this can affect your overall portfolio.

My ideas were:

1. The rate billionaires throughout the years - but I've been looking for info and don't know if I can find the data.

2. The Stroop Effect - but I don't know how to do it really or if you can get much info out of it.

3. The dates of birth of the whole school Vs. something - but I don't know what!

4. Comparison between the two sales rates of two companies.

I think that the 4. is just fine. If you are going to do something in statistics.

You can't just compare the sales rates of two companies. That's going to end up being either 2 X variables or 2 Y variables. The point of the statistical IA is to compare something that you think relates to something else.

1. Not reasonable because of inflation and all that good stuff. You would need to find equivalents to billionaires in the 1800s. They existed if you convert the money through time, but they weren't "billionaires."

2. Idk what this is, can't comment. Sorry.

3. I have no idea where this could even go...

4. Stick to one company and perhaps compare the amount they pay for advertisement and the amount of sales they get. I bet you could find a correlation there :)