Sign in to follow this  

what do you think of my IB subjects choices ?

What do you thkink of my IB subject choices ?

I want to study architecture.

HL's

- maths

- geo

- english

Sl's

- physics

- polish

- deutsch or french

or second proposition

HL's

- Maths

- Visual Arts

- English

SL's

- polish

- geo

- physics

I think the second one may help you more with Visual Arts at HL seeing as some universities like their architecture students to have an artistic flair too. Perhaps, if you really feel like pushing yourself, you could take Physics at HL too? I'm sure that would help you, but then again I'm also fairly sure it wouldn't lead to your downfall as a possible architect if you don't take it.

Do some research into the universities(/places of study) that you're possibly interested in and see what they require for architecture.

Good luck!

depends on what you want to study at university, i have taken PCM higher level because i want to study chemical engineeering at uni. if u want to study archteacture, i seriously advise you to take physics, visual arts and math or english if you find math tough... ^_^

i find geography a really easy HL level topic as it is no harder than at SL just a bit more content. I also know that for architecture they really like visual arts, so I would take Maths, Geog and VA at higher level :)

I have a friend who does HL Physics, Art and Maths, and SL French, English and Geography. He seems to be doing well, so I would recommend:

HL English, Physics, Art and Maths (if you can cope with 4 highers)

SL Polish and Geography

If you can't, drop English to SL.

This post is over a month and half old and the Opening Poster has not been active since April 7th; please refrain from posting responses as it is ineffective :)

Guest CasaNova

if you have an option, take design technology.. you will like it if you wanna study architekture D

the second one definitely. I know as a fact that HL maths, physics and visual arts is a perfect combination for architecture.

you have hl english, maths, and visual arts in your second option, and you also have physics at sl.

So go for the second option.