HI Topic Advice - To what extent was there Bolshevik involvement in the July Days?

sarahlouise

Hey everyone,

So the title is pretty self-explanatory, I'd like some advice on my HI. I'd mainly like to know if my topic is suitable. I was looking for something where there are two distinct sides, and two ways of looking at it, and we did this in class and I got interested, because obviously the Bolsheviks say they weren't involved, yet others say they were.

So yeah, is this a do-able topic? If not, could you suggest any improvements?

EDIT: Also, I just found out TODAY that this is incredibly similar, if not exactly the same as, a topic that a guy in the year above me did. Should I avoid it now? Because I know that my teacher signs the whole authenticity thing, to say that it IS my own work, and I guess the moderators would probably different, but I'm not sure. Is it safe or not?

Edited by sarahlouise

I think it''s do-able, the best thing to do might be to try to write up a brief summary of the arguments you would use and decide whether you have enough to create a good HI. I did that when trying to decide my topic and I found I was writing multiple summaries because I kept realizing the topic was too narrow and didn't allow for a large enough scope to create a good, well-analysed 2,000 words HI.

• Like 1