Spanish SL Vocabulary List

Hi is there any lists of vocabulary that has most of the vocab we will need to take the exam successfully? I really need to improve my own vocabulary and don't really want to learn anything that is not going to be needed :P

If there is no list then does anyone have any ideas on topics you need to know?

Thanks in advanced!

i do German but I'll tell you that there really isn't any. Just random foreign words thrown on a page to make you cry.

Just read articles about things you find interesting and you'd be surprised if you see a word you've learnt just pop up in the exam.

it sucks I know, but that's the IB. A diploma created to make teenagers hate their lives for two years.

Yep.

:)

• 2 months later...

^^^ Word.

Although it does help to read a piece of Spanish every day. It doesn't have to be a huge chunk of text but just SOMETHING. That's the best way to build vocabulary. I advise you to read Spanish articles on online newspapers or short stories. You can even pick up a kiddie books and upgrade to more advanced stuff gradually. When learning another language it's best if you continuously build upon it and once you do so it'll be much easier for you to get through a foreign language course.

In other words, just do something in Spanish- ANYTHING.

Edited by Danbo

I'm in my first year of IB Spanish B SL (it's 2 years long at my school, not sure at other places, coordinator makes it seem like it isn't). But anyway, the IB Spanish year 2 teacher said its one of the hardest courses to teach because there is no set structured topics/curriculum that have to be taught...

There really isn't a set list of things to know, unfortunately. It might be good to look at past exams and see what kind of topics are common, such as technology, vacations/holidays, the environment, employment, and entertainment for example. Actually they are changing the language B syllabus so I'm not exactly sure how the exam will be structured for 2013 onwards, but I'd assume you'd still have to learn the vocabulary. Just do lots of reading and practice with articles, and you should be fine.