TOK Essay Prescribed Titles 2013?

Joachim T

Wait, so are these titles definite for everywhere?? Like if I were to start thinking about which of those titles I like best and how I'd go about writing it, for example... is it definitely going to be those titles, they won't be different for my school or anything?? And do they seriously not mind us knowing? My school haven't given us ANY indication of what the titles may be, just say that we'll be doing it November - February.

Wait, so are these titles definite for everywhere?? Like if I were to start thinking about which of those titles I like best and how I'd go about writing it, for example... is it definitely going to be those titles, they won't be different for my school or anything?? And do they seriously not mind us knowing? My school haven't given us ANY indication of what the titles may be, just say that we'll be doing it November - February.

Yes these are the TOK titles for May 2013. They shouldn't be different to these ones. This is the sheet you should get when you begin on the essays: May 2013 Titles 1.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

I interpreted 1st topic in the same as you, Marius, but I've been wondering: what may be counter-argumentation? Because in the science every disagreement is good. It is why science goes on. It is why I wonder if I do not take another approach: disputes between science and other fields.

Yeah, your idea is great, I didn't think of it. However, you should do it with different natural sciences, e.g. disagreement between Biology and Chemistry or Chemistry and Physics on some case.

Well, competition is not always good for improvement - sometimes out of two conflicting models the right one might be considered false, just because technology of the time could not prove it right, so other model had much more evidence to support it (e.g. Earth was considered to be the center of the universe for a very long time); false facts might also prove one model 'righter' than another (e.g. scandal of 2010 or 2011 when scientists were accused of falsifying data that supports global warming).

You can check out this site. If you sign up to their newsletter or something, they'll e-mail you with ideas on different aspects (ways of knowing, arguments, knowledge issues) specifically related to your TOK title. I used my spam e-mail, just in case :)

• 3 weeks later...

Automatic generated message

This topic has been closed by a moderator.

Reason:

As usual all essay titles are and have been posted on the Title thread:

If you disagree with this action, please report this post and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,

IB Survival Staff