IB Subject Choice

We are staying in Poland

My daughter would like to choose following subjects as in future she plan to opt for Medical studies.

The Subjects are

Group 1. Native Language

Group 2. English -HL

Group 3 - Geography- SL

Group 4 - Biology HL .

Group 5 - Mathematics SL.

Group 6 - Any Subject from Group 2 / 3 / 4 - Chemistry HL

i want to know

(a) As our Native Language is HIndi so can we choose Hindi as native Language ? If yes than which level HL or SL and how the exams can be conducted as we are in Poland.

(b) we want to choose Physics also at SL level.

(1) Is it possible to choose 7 subjects

(2) Is it mandatory that from Each group we have to choose minimum one subject.

We are staying in Poland

My daughter would like to choose following subjects as in future she plan to opt for Medical studies.

The Subjects are

Group 1. Native Language

Group 2. English -HL

Group 3 - Geography- SL

Group 4 - Biology HL .

i want to know

(a) As our Native Language is HIndi so can we choose Hindi as native Language ? If yes than which level HL or SL and how the exams can be conducted as we are in Poland.

Those definitely sound like the right subject choices for medicine. You won't need SL physics, and as far as I know you can't do 7 subjects, and once IB get into flow a little, you'll see how 7 subjects would be far too much for little or no reward. Not sure about the native language question, but I know that you can only choose one subject per group. Hope this helps :)

We are staying in Poland

The Subjects are

Group 1. Native Language

Group 2. English -HL

Group 3 - Geography- SL

Group 4 - Biology HL .

i want to know

If your school in Poland does not offer Language A Hindi, your daughter can only take it as a "School supported self-taught" subject. But this is only possible at SL, and a fulltime Language A1 teacher at the school has to take supervisor responsibility for her studies.

You could choose Physics SL, although most medical schools consider Biology and Chemistry more relevant to their courses.

Yes, if your coordinator thinks that your daughter can handle the workload and there are no timetable clashes, he should agree to 7 subjects.

You can replace a Group 6 subject by an additional one from Groups 1 - 4, or by Computer Science in Group 5.

You CAN do seven subjects, but the seventh one would be an extra certificate and not a part of her diploma. If you want, you can apply for an irregular diploma from the school, which means she would do all three sciences, but no group 3 subject, so geography would be replaced with physics. I wouldn´t recommend doing this though unless you are sure the university course she wants requires all three sciences.

hi !

i'm from India ...and as in here ..to get into medical we REQUIRE physics but only in the initial level ...later on ..its all about biology and more biology !

so , just check that in whichever country you want her to do medical ..see if physics is needed otherwise drop it ...cause frankly speaking - its one of the hardest subject in IB !

my subjects are according to the irregular diploma program where we do not need to study group 3 .

also i'm myself interested in medical sciences and my subjects are as follows -

HL

hindi (my native language ! )

chemestry

bilogy

SL

English literature

physics

maths studies (as i guess in medical we do not need much of maths ! and SL maths is NOT THAT EASY ! )

Edited by theoker