Universities that offer a good engineering courses?

Beni

I am still not sure what exact branch of engineering I prefer, but the area of energy/sustainability is looking very interesting. I am not intending to make it into one of those very well known unis like MIT, Ivy leagues or such. Just something that offers interesting programs and is affordable :question:

At the moment HL physics and SL chem are looking quite good with a 6 and perhaps even better. Hl maths, on the other hand still needs some work but I am determined to getting at least a 5 or else :headchop: .

If it makes a difference I am doing the IB in English but I am part German and my French isn't that bad either XD

Edited by Beni

In which country would you like to study?

For engineering in the UK, you could consider Imperial College or Manchester. In the US, Stanford, UCLA or Caltech. In Switzerland, the ETHZ (German) or the EPFL (French).

But if you only get a 5 in Maths you might have to lower your sights a little. A traditional university engineering course is quite heavy on maths, so it might not be the ideal choice for you if you find that subject hard going.

Edited by HiggsHunter

I actually enjoy maths, just not the tests XD

Jokes aside, I am very confident I can acquire a 5 but I know most unis only start considering you if you get a 6 or 7. Do you per chance know what the maths for that type of courses looks likes? So what they focus on and such.

Would be good to know so I can check if I feel confident with it.

If you enjoy the subject, you are more than halfway there!

I think that with some searching on YouTube you should be able to find quite a few university lectures on engineering topics. That should give you a taste of the subject, and help you choose the branch of engineering that interests you most.