If you are going to have a child...

Do you want children?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want children?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe... only if I want a challenge
    • I want a collection of rabbits, cats and pigs
  2. 2. Would you raise them with a religion?

Far away from you AWB, they don't need your influence :P kidding ;)

I don't really like kids, but if I did ever have a kid/s:

I'd raise them how I was raised:) but without all the smacks :P

There will DEFINATELY be a naughty step (I was positively scared of that damn step) :eek:

Basically I'll raise them to be good kids with manners :)

If it's a girl, I'll sneak the pill into her morning juice once she turns 16 :P she better not get freaky with anyone, if she does......she's dead.

If is a boy, he can have all the freedom in the world only if his zip stays zipped XD

Oh did I mention I'll raise them to be sh*t scared to lie??? Yeaaaaaaa they better be scared of me :P but trust me as well

There's a lot of more I'd do to raise them, but yea it's too much too type :P

If it's a girl: I'd raise her to be a lady and my best friend. I don't think I am going to be one of the moms who hit their kids, just doesn't sound right to me, I am definitely not going to be over-protective! I'll let her go to parties (with some rules of course), have parties at home..sleepovers..etc. I think I am going to be the kind of mom that has that 'teenage-awkward' talk at the age of 13-14 to make sure she turns to me when she's in a big trouble and not some other teenager. That being said, I also want to raise her to believe in what I believe in, I am not going to force her, just do it the way my parents did.

If it's a boy: Not that different, but I am going to make sure he grows up to have his father as one of his best friends. I believe that's something really valuable that will last as long as they're both alive.

Most importantly, I am going to raise them to become loyal FC Barcelona fans! :wub:

As for the question do I want children? Definitely. They add the joy to the house.

To enjoy the outdoors, to be intellectually curious, to try new foods, to be brave (without being foolish!), to know the value of human decency and respect, to take responsibility for their actions and think through the consequences, to understand nature, to know the value of generosity even when you're shown none, to know that sometimes you have to lead by example (and if people don't follow, to know you have your own dignity and to hell with the stingy and narrow-minded), to stick at things and to have the confidence to be themselves in the face of peer pressure without also losing the value that comes from your peers. I suppose most importantly to think about things and be true to what they think, because without that you can't possibly have integrity and I think integrity is one of the most important things you'll ever have. Oh and to never take anything too seriously! If you can't laugh at yourself, you're only half a person with the other half lost up your own behind. Easy to achieve, of course... XD

If they want to become religious, that's their choice. I personally have always found it incompatible with intellectual curiosity, self-responsibility, self-insight and integrity; but if they did not, then that's for them to decide when they're old enough to think about it. I don't think anybody should be told unknowns as truths before they're capable of judging for themselves. To do any less would be to abuse the trust placed in me by a vulnerable person, and moreover to be an almighty hypocrite with what I value in life, ahah. I couldn't tell somebody to value integrity and clear thought if I didn't have my own!

In reality, I'll probably be short-tempered and shout a lot :rolleyes: One can only hope that the adage "do as I say and not as I do" works!

Of course I want kids, in the future!

If I had a girl... :flirt:

I would raise her to be a strong woman. So that when she is put down or mistreated by other, she would stand up for herself. But also so that one day, when I'm no longer around, she would be okay. I want her to know who she is and love herself the way God created her. I would teach her how to respect others, and not judge them, however I would make sure she is smart, and chooses the right people to hang out with. Teach her from good and bad and share my faith with her, just like how my mom did with me. I guess I would be pretty strict, but not as strict as my mom, who beat me with a frying pan! (jks jks...no, but seriously T.T) I would be a parent but also be her close friend so she is not afraid to talk to me whenever. I would guide her through her life, supporting her in her academic choices and her career path. And also, teach her to love and enjoy life!

If I had a boy...

I would raise him to be a gentleman. Someone who respects a women (not like guys nowadays :nonono:) and who does not treat them like a pice of meat! I'd want my kid to be also healthy and take care of his body (this applies to the girl too!). I would show him sports but if that is not for him then I'm open to anything he wants to do! + everything I said above :P

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't raise my children with religion, I would give them the chance to choose when they're old enough to follow whatever religion they wish, just like I chose to get confirmed at age 14 (for the completely wrong reasons, not because I wish to be a devout Christian but for the presents)... I think this is a better upbringing because you're not indoctrinating your kid into any belief, not saying religion causes narrow mindedness, but.... I don't think I'm putting my point across very well :-/