Problems with my mom! She is afraid of being attacked by witches

pennywise256

I'm kind of upset because of the awful relationship with my mother. I can tell only you this IB friends :D

I'm 17 years old anm my mom is 50. I'm going through an age in which I find myself not having a thing in common with her. I'm in high school, I'm taking the IB so I have no time for anything besides school stuff. My mom is a woman who spends her life watching TV (specifically hollow non-sense womanly tv series), besides that, the only thing I know she does is painting her face over and over all the way around. I could say she's got some kind of insecurity disorder, but anyway. I'm going to study abroad into some months, as much into one - two years, so I'll finally be free of her. However, meanwhile I just would like to keep on on a decent relationship with her. Today, we just had a discussion because she told me she was afraid of witches trying to attack her and provoke her sicknesses and bad stuff. I'm sick of her obsessive behaviour that I only replied to her "things exist as long as you believe in them", which I consider pretty much an educated way to ask her being less obessive, and even make her regarding things into a different perspective. But NO! she came over my room yelling off at me that I'm so rude, and evil and that bunches of stuff .... I said nothing. I just promised I will try to talk her the least possible here on after. But, I would actually like to have a good relationship with her.

The thing I hate the most about her is that she is so narrow-minded that she cannot hear a "negative" comment about anyone, specially her. Then, she understands as negative anything different to praising or trivial comments like "I hope you get better" or "that's so interesting" ! I'm sick of superficial treatment! That means, I could never convey her in any way, the things that discomfort me without giving start to the same grudge-yelling cycle. She is, apologise, a pathetic woman in many aspects of her life. She didn't even complete primary education, she is divorced, she's afraid of getting old (actually we had another quarrel about her behaviour in relation to her age), she is childish, she's a very uneducated person that bases her comments only on opinion and common thought, she never reads anything apart from the bible and sensationalist titles, she has no friends or lover, she's obsessed with beautiness and glamour, she has no job, she has no money therefore and lives hankering after things she will never afford and is doing anything to try to change it, she has no sexual life, and SO SO on .... Then, I have decided to limit my conversations and treatment with her. Now, she got sick and blames my dad's mother of being a witch and being practising evil rituals in order to destroy her and make her unhappy because she hates her. And every time she repeats that, inside I'm like "C'mon, is that for ... real? :S Do you actually believe that?" I just ... god! the poor old woman is 80+ years and barely can walk, she's about to die, and suffers of Alzheimer! so "how in the world could she be practising black rituals upon her? And ultimately, why does she think she is thaaaat important as to have someone spending her life doping so? (Assuming, of course, that "black magic rituals exist") That's clearly a psychopathological complex of histrionics.

Well, she's been lately feeling sick, and I have related her symptoms to depression of feeling alone, as I saw in this article: http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/… , she visited the doctor and said she's got a brain inflammation, cause to high level of triglycerides, developed for high stress levels and hormonal disorders. I just wonder, how in the world can she be stresses with that life? She has no worry about job-related stuff cause she has no job, she has no worries about mate case she has no mate, and many other examples. She has such a lot of free time wasted on tv series that she can predict the dialogues of characters! So, the only reason she can be stressed as to develop sicknesses is loneliness, she's terribly alone! But if she's unstandable as a family member, then how could she have any friends at all? She would, of course, never accept it, but yet, she's pathetic.

(sigh) Please, give me your best advice, I'm sick of living with her that I only want to run away forever !

"She has no worry about job-related stuff cause she has no job, she has no worries about mate case she has no mate, and many other examples."

She needs worries! She needs something to do, something to fight for. You say that her problem comes from loneliness but at the same time you wanna get away from her. She just needs to have an actual relationship with someone. Well, more like she needed it in the past. Maybe now it's too late. I'd get her proffesional help, but I seriously doubt it'll fix it. I think she should either find a job or go to some group activities, or even try to study something in university.

• Like 1