Favorite IB Course and Why?

betaJay

I noticed that someone had started a topic about everyone's LEAST favorite IB course - So how about another one that addresses the converse of that - What are your FAVORITE IB courses? (and why?)

I'm not in IB yet, so I can't post anything (I start next year).

HL Psychology. I adore the teacher and the course (well, apart for the Qualitative Methods, so basically I should have said that Psych SL is the way to go :P) and it's the very first subject in the history of my school education which I feel is actually useful. After all, you learn about why and how people behave, and you meet people every day so you simply cannot call it useless. :D

The second best would be HL History, I guess, especially since we moved on from the quasi-civilized 19th century and into 20th century. I prefer learning about politicians quarreling than kings giving orders. :D And I learn essay-writing skills, that's always useful. :)

I would like to say physics HL, but as of lately it has become slightly less interesting. Still like it though.

HL maths is also quite fun in my opinion. I just love those moments when you realize what you have to do and manage to solve a problem easily.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest F488ethe1st

Either TOK (because my teacher really knows the subject, he actually wrote the book :P kinda funny since we never use it) or Maths and anyone of the group 4 subjects (because I am really into science)

Lunchtime HL.

Fun times, good food, no work.

On a more serious note, my favourite IB class was French because personally I find language learning very fun :yes: My teacher was really good too so I learned a ton and I can honestly say that French was one of the most useful courses I took.

Economics HL.

A lot of it has to do with me having the most wonderful Economics teacher who tells us stories of her travels, Ireland and life stories. Also being an excellent motivator, mentor and friend. But I love the subject. It's so theory-based yet so subjective in the real world.

• 4 weeks later...