Chemistry extended essay

Masoomali fatehkia

After thinking a lot about what to do for my extended essay, I am thinking of doing my extended essay in chemistry.

I was thinking of doing something about voltaic cells, Something to do with the voltage of the cell perhaps by changing the concentration of the solutions...

Can anybody help me with ideas on what things I could investigate with a voltaic cell, something that would be possible with the equipment available in a school laboratory.

I was thinking of doing something about voltaic cells, Something to do with the voltage of the cell perhaps by changing the concentration of the solutions...

Can anybody help me with ideas on what things I could investigate with a voltaic cell, something that would be possible with the equipment available in a school laboratory.

What I mean is the electrolytic cell, the one which uses two half cells and a salt bridge.

OK, the usual terminology is that a voltaic cell produces electrical energy by chemical reaction, whereas an electrolytic cell absorbs electrical energy to decompose a compound by electrolysis. The term electrochemical cell is sometimes used to cover both voltaic and electrolytic cells.

The structure of two half-cells with a salt bridge is usually used as a voltaic cell, and studying one should make an interesting EE topic.