I DO NOT HAVE A CAS PROJECT HELP ME

Please help me. I do not have a CAS project. And even worse. I was randomly selected for the sample CAS projects being sent to IB. I need to submit something before MAY 1. I have 30 days. I am so ****ed. please help me.

Surely you have *some* idea about what you would like to do?

With time short, the easiest approach would be not to start something entirely from scratch, but to find some local organisation that would appreciate your help. Within their existing framework, you could then immediately start creating something new that involves voluntary physical activity and from which you can learn, too.

Yeah how exactly did you intend to pass the IB without having done any CAS?! :blink: Seriously.

To be honest you're probably going to have to find your own project. Only you know what's around you in your local community etc. - also although HiggsHunter suggested joining something that already exists, you may find that infiltrating that sort of set-up takes quite some time and effort. I know I had to fill in loads of application forms, Criminal Records checks and all sorts of time-wasting things before being allowed to volunteer. Starting something on your own initiative may be the best way to start instantly. Invent some random thing like a performance or find some unsuspecting innocent in the year below you to 'tutor' or really just anything you can think of of your own accord. You don't even need many people to be bothered to come and watch it, just provided you've ticked the box.

Ask your friends what they've done, perhaps. Although why you left CAS this late when plainly it's now going to stop you from being able to revise effectively, I have no idea... I can only suggest that if you do indeed fail the diploma on the basis of CAS requirements (surely the most lame reason ever), it's sad for you but thoroughly deserved at this point in time! It shouldn't take having your CAS stuff sent off to the IB to make you actually do what is one of the most boring but ultimately core parts of the course.

• Like 1

I am confused If someone finished his CAS and it's completety fake how will the IB will figure that it's fake

if there a chance they will fail a student for that ?

Your CAS Coordinator/whoever is in charge of CAS at your school is meant to be able to tell, and also to demand signatures of the person who supervised you etc. - some CAS coordinators require photographic evidence and so on.

Of course not all CAS teachers are that stringent. My friend spent months and months doing an activity which she'd thought counted for CAS (choir) and then it turned out that because she did IB Music my CAS coordinator didn't want to accept it. So she just made up an activity instead and nobody noticed or cared. So yeah technically you could indeed invent it all, depending on how attentive they are. It's a big potential risk to run though, you'd have to have guts - and an IB coordinator who really had no idea what you were doing.

I actually did all of mine because I had to do community service for something else as well, but I reckon I could easily have invented it otherwise. Very lax establishment!

• Like 1

Thank you all for the ideas, although I am to blame for waiting this long, i would like to place some of the blame on my TOK teacher who did a really terrible job explaining anything about the course or CAS or the final TOK or anything for that matter. But I appreciate the Ideas and hopefully all goes well. Thank you all again.