Classic literature

Anyone have a good list of books one MUST read at one point?

I want to read a lot of books over the summer to improve my vocab, and have a wider persopective! So if yu could kindly list the books in chronological order( easy vocab-> hard) i'd really appreciate it.

Books i have in mind are : Romeo and Juliet, Pride and Prejudice, and to kill a mocking bird.

Read Hamlet. It's brilliant. Some people struggle to understand his language considering it was written hundreds of years ago, but it's a very good work that I recommend people to read. That and The House of the Spirits. It's long, but it's beautiful :blowkiss:

I don't do much (i.e. any) reading not related to school these days, but these are works of Literature I've read that I've truly enjoyed.

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovitch by Solzhenitsyn

Fathers and Sons by Ivan Turgenev

The Outsider by Albert Camus

Fly Away Peter and An Imaginary Life by David Malouf

All Quiet on the Western Front by Remarque

Of course, you shouldn't limit yourself to solely novels, variety is always a must. I'm not a massive fan of plays or poetry in general, however Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman stood out to me as a dramatic work, and I love Wilfred Owen's War Poetry. Dulce et Decorum est is beautiful. As for non-fiction works, I've found books like Robert Solomon's What Is Justice? and Lloyd's Introduction to Jursidprudence particularly interesting, as they feature extracts and commentary from a vast number of renowned sources from different temporal and geographical contexts(think, Plato to the Bible to Camus and the Founding Fathers), allowing an insight into how great minds reasoned

Nonetheless, ultimately everything comes down to personal preference..