Sign in to follow this  

Can teacher give you IOC without informing you?

ok so I'm in a very small language class and the teacher told the other students that we're doing IOC when I wasn't in school that day. No one informed me until today (evening) that it's actually tomorrow. So I'm supposed to take the exam tomorrow without being previously informed about it? What can I do? The teacher is horrible and completely useless, plus she's impossible to talk with and extremely irrational. Is there anything I can do?

Guest Positron

That sucks, but in the end it's not your friends' responsibility to inform you what was done in the lesson you missed, it's your responsibility. But of course you should definitely try to complain. It doesn't matter if you're wrong, debating with teachers is always fun, especially when you're wrong and still manage to win. :D

I understand my it's my responsibility and I did fulfill my responsibility and asked my classmate today (an hour ago) what they did in school. It is however too late to revise for the IOC and I feel like I'm significantly disadvantaged compared to my classmates who had the entire weekend. I had other things do during the weekend but I would've cancelled my plans to study for my IOC if I knew.

Guest Positron

I'm not accusing you of anything, but still it's still your own fault. If you had asked your friend the same day you had the lesson, you would have had an equal amount of time to prepare for the test. If you wait the weekend and ask on the day before the lesson, it's quite obvious that you'll have less time do whatever it is that you're supposed to do.

Edited by Positron