Favorite Sports

Flamewave

Hey, I was wondering what sports do you guys like and why?

I personally enjoy playing basketball, primarily due to the fast pace, teamwork, athleticism, and excitement involved. Running and tennis are two other favorites. There's nothing like running a few miles to relieve stress, hehe. That runner's high is incredible!

Hey, I was wondering what sports do you guys like and why?

I personally enjoy playing basketball, primarily due to the fast pace, teamwork, athleticism, and excitement involved. Running and tennis are two other favorites. There's nothing like running a few miles to relieve stress, hehe. That runner's high is incredible!

DUDE, i totally agree with the basketball part cuz i love it to death. Nothin like practising with your buddies all tryin to get better!!

DUDE, i totally agree with the basketball part cuz i love it to death. Nothin like practising with your buddies all tryin to get better!!

Yeah, I know what you mean! Whenever summer rolls around, I find myself going nuts with the basketball with my cousin and my buds. Do you follow the NBA?

never thought I'd see Graeme say dude again :)

I love volleyball because when played at a good level it has a sickly fast pace and is all about teamwork. When the first team play, it's like they read each other's minds! they always know where the ball will end up, and who'll get it! but there's alway these tricks that confuse the **** outta you!

I enjoyed watching a Euroleague basketball game when I was in Lithuania :) I have to say I'm not as repelled by it now...

Lacrosse! (Maybe it's the Canadian in me...?)

It's the best outlet ever for school stress, and general anxieties/frustrations! It can get ridiculously aggressive, but I always feel better after a good match, even with a few sprains and bruises. :) There is nothing more satisfying than making or receiving a perfect long-pass!

Yeah, I know what you mean! Whenever summer rolls around, I find myself going nuts with the basketball with my cousin and my buds. Do you follow the NBA?

Yep, NBA and NCAA. Personnally, i cant get enough of it. Who you thinks gonna win championship for NBA and NCAA.

NBA:I wanted the Heat to win again, but thats DEFINITELY never going to happen soooo San Antonio or the Boston

NCAA: Memphis Tigers

Personally, I don't follow NCAA much. I would like to see the Celtics win the championship, though. I'd just like to see KG with a ring after all the work he's put into the game. I didn't like that trade that the Suns made to get Shaq, though. I would've predicted them in the Finals against the Celtics if they stuck with that team.

Edited by Flamewave

I prefer motorcycle racing because I love the adrenaline rush that comes from tearing down a racecourse at eighty miles an hour, or flying 100 feet through the air. My dad says that I am actually addicted to the endorphins, and I tend to agree. I also love the variation of the sport. I can ride all weekend long and never come across the same obstacle or trail twice. There are also a lot of different kinds of riding, like motocross, off-road racing, enduro, trials, and probably a dozen others that I can't think of.

I did figure skating competitively for 10 years. Nothing like the challenge of leaping into the air and rotating 2 or 3 times in the matter of nanoseconds to get your adrenaline pumping. And the feeling of skating on smooth ice..ohh boy. I love the feeling of flying I get when I jump.

I also love volleyball because of the teamwork involved. Tennis is also fun in the summer. I also like snowboarding because it's fast and such an adrenaline rush going down the hill. I like horseback riding because I love horses and being able to communicate with the animal is an amazing experience.

I like a lot of sports :D lol. I like watching soccer and hockey but don't play them. Oh, and rugby is fun too :P ..I was on my school's varsity team 2 years ago haha (before IB kicked in and I had to stop..the tournaments conflicted with IB exams).

Wow you guys are so passionate about your favourite sports.

I love playing squash but not as much as you guys seem to like you choosen sport, I find squash is a good way to get rid of tension.

I also love snowboarding, especially on knee high powder where you just bounce and float along, it is joyous. On groomed runs I love the feeling when you really get into a carve and the board just shoots forward and takes over. I also like(not as much as snowboarding) skiing mainly for the speed adrenaline factor.

I quite like running even though I am a ****ty runner (I was the second worst in my schools cross country team out of all the boys and girls). I like the endorphins and breathlessness.

I personally do not follow professional sports like football and stuff. Personally i think that many of the sports shown on TV turn many middle-aged men and others into complete pigs who scream and get fat over a team that they think they are a part of but really have no connection at all whatsoever to the game other than they like to watch it. But i do enjoy PE and other sports where i actually play the sports. But i do many other things like motorcycle riding. i agree with joesaelens' view on the matter but i don't think i am into it as much as he is. (I should know because i live with the dude). but i also enjoy SCUBA diving very much. i usually mess around under the water. not many people know what it is like to glide under the water for an extended period of time. I love to do somersaults and flips under the sea and see many of the different species of fish. but i stand by what i said about not liking watching sports.

I´m a footballer myself. Played for about 11 years in total and got up to a pretty high level here in Olso before IB came along :P I had too much to do so they dropped me to the second team because I couldn´t make practices :P Apart from that I ski and play pretty much any sport..

No soccer players around here??? :P

I love it! Just that feeling of running down the field to take the ball away from someone (I play defence...hehehehe...), and then kicking it up front! I'm protecting MY territory :P .

But I also like running - It always make me feel like I'm free

hehe I play many sports :) and I take up two sports in my school which are soccer and basketball .. then now is the tournament time for both.. I feel like dying coping up with IB work ... errrh probably when tournament is over then I might quit 1 sport... can't manage time like this..

Me too I'm in softball and soccer and the matches are forcing me to skip too many classes now I'm way behind in terms of homework etc :)

homeroom I play defence too! Its well ace hehe.

I just love slide tackling people lol they'll be wary of me the next time they try to dribble past :)